Kit pricing has gone nuts!

Yep that’s the page
Edit to add WOW!

3 Likes

Whoa!!! I didn’t know that!!! She should be kicked out of groups!

4 Likes

Yes it is

Wow! I didn’t realize she was selling knockoffs now. :rage:

4 Likes

I think she took the sale post down when she was called out on it

3 Likes

Wow. What happens to the ones we paint over time? Will they eventually do the same? So much for reborns lasting generations, as I’ve seen some claim in listings.

3 Likes

And she has the cheek to preach “buy authentic” on her kit sales

7 Likes

I think once they are painted and varnish they are fine. It seems the stored ones sealed up in plastic bags with no air circulation are the ones going sticky from my experience.

4 Likes

My mind has been blown

1 Like

I store mine without bags, loose, inside plastic bins. I wonder if they get enough air that way.

Just check them every so often to see.

1 Like

I would not pay that much for a kit the most I paid is $140/$150 about for one and that with extra babysitting money I saved from bills.

There’s no kit on the planet I want that bad.

3 Likes

I painted a :ladybug toddler ten years ago and

did not varnish and I have my first painted in 2010 and they have not “broken” down.

2 Likes

I think the break down is vinyl batch related.
I’ve had brand new releases with belly plates with cracks, as well as harder vinyl older kits that crack or crumble at the inner flange area.
All issues painting would not stop. Ive never had leaching oils.

3 Likes

Makes sense. It varies. I have bought batches of BB kits from those selling out twice now and both times they came to me still seemed in the bags and all sticky. I took them out and washed them in the washing machine on hot water cycle. That seemed to fix the issue. Then I stored them in canvas bags til I painted them.

A Quinlynn kit for $1800 any takers?

4 Likes

Heavens to Betsy! :flushed:

1 Like

That’s insane and who knows if they’ve really been sold at those prices or if it’s just a ploy to make people believe they’re worth that much.

5 Likes

Wow… That’s quite the list, too! Imagine having that many expensive kits just lying around.

2 Likes