Just because its a well known Artist doesn't make them trustworthy~

Good-morning ladies, as I sit here with my coffee in hand I decided to touch base with you ladies on an issue we all seem to be seeing and talking about on the forum. That my friends is a scam artist in the world of reborns. These people seem to be popping up more and more each and everyday. I find this is not only with someone wanting to purchase a doll but it also applies to some well know Artists. Just because they are well known and we love their work certainly doesn’t make them trustworthy as we all well know. I love this forum alot and love the work all you ladies do.Your talent is something to be so proud of. I don’t always get alot of time on here as much as I would like but trust me I keep an eye on the babies you all make. I also try to read up on the wonderful happenings in each one of the posts you all do. I have seen alot of happy things on here and I have also seen alot of heartbreaking things on here, especially when it comes to getting scammed by people. I unfortunately have been one whom is going through this right now. I have learned just because its a well known Artist doesn’t make them trust worthy. The good thing is it didnt cost me near the money that alot of the ladies have lost by getting ripped off by these so called snakes. In the end I will get my money back no doubt. I also have to say its not even about that, its the fact of being lied to and continuing to be lied to that makes me very angry. I even tried to give this Artist the benefit of the doubt but in the end she still proved to me to be unworthy of her words. Yes ladies she is very well known and yes alot of you ladies have used her website for a learning tool. I didnt want to believe it because I was one whom loved her site as well. This is where I have learned just because they are well known does not make them trustworthy. So heres a heads up ladies and take it for whats its worth. I made a purchase with Nicole Russell whom is without a doubt a well know Artist on this forum. In the end she has proved to be less then forth right and without a doubt someone who doesn’t follow through with her business deals. I hate to call her out on it but if it saves someone else form losing money so be it. I will not sit back and say nothing when it comes to this sort of behavior. So ladies may I say this, just because a sheep wears a mink coat doesn’t mean its real. Be careful whom you do business with and always cover your bases when buying or selling. I learned that along time ago. Now that my vent is over I hope you all have a great weekend and I wish you all the best in your ventures of the reborn world. Keep up the great work and continue to post pictures of the beautiful babies you all make~

9 Likes

I’m so sorry you’re having to deal with this, Deb! :cry:

1 Like

Oh no ~ this is just awful, Deb. I’m so sorry. It’s only recently that I’ve started hearing bad things about NR; maybe I’m out of the loop but it’s so disappointing because I thought she was one of the good ones. Such a shame. I’m glad you’ll get your money back but so sorry you even had to deal with this.

5 Likes

Thank you Amy, I guess we live and learn. In the end its all about trust and treating others with the same respect we all want. If this post keeps others from getting ripped off then its a good thing. Hope your day is wonderful and keep making the beautiful babies you make~ :baby: Karen thank you as well. I am still stunned by the whole thing as well. When I did the purchase I truly thought the same thing. I decided to put the big girl panties on and take it for what it was worth. Nothing in the long run on her part. Just glad I covered my tracks with the transaction. Hope your doing well, bet that new baby is growing like a weed. Keep posting pictures. I enjoy seeing that beautiful little face~

4 Likes

I almost bought some mohair from NR the other day but didn’t because of all that’s recently come out about her. So glad I was spared. Thanks for sharing, Deb! :smile:

2 Likes

I am very happy to hear that Amy. If good comes out of this whole thing then it was worth it to me. It goes to show sharing our thoughts and experiences on here saves another ones check book. LOL!!!

1 Like

Maybe she’s ill or has something traumatic happening in her life. She’s had a very good reputation until just recently.

2 Likes

@jeanhai, I don’t believe that is the case here. I have had a couple conversations with her and she has had the opportunity to let me know if it was. She has done this before in the past and its now just starting to come out from the experience of others. Its an unfortunate thing yes, but the way I see it when you treat people like this and do business in this manner it catches up in the end.

2 Likes

I just read on DF that a similar story to yours, and it did turn out well. Nicole did end up sending her a kit she purchased from Nicole. I guess she paid for it and then Nicole deactivated her FB accounts and her email addresses were no longer valid so she thought she had been ripped off bc Nicole was supposed to send her tracking info and never did and she could no longer get in touch with her. After her post about all this, she then said all is good with Nicole Russell and that she got her kit after weeks of no communication. I hope it all works out well for you and either way you get your item you purchased or your money back

2 Likes

Feeling sad :disappointed_relieved:

I escaped to the forum today because the news in the world was so depressing I just wanted to hang out with you guys in my happy little world. Now it seems like this place is full of corruption as the outside world. I went and looked at Nicole’s website and felt horrible. She is so talented and has some of the best reference pictures for ethnic babies that I have ever seen. Why would she be this way? And I just saw the list of others in another post. Many of my favorites were on that list. I feel like I’ve just attended a funeral.

5 Likes

Helen, Nimlet and Shandeni, I hope in the end she comes through and makes it right. But the damage has been done as far as I am concerned. And the sad thing is it wasn’t just with me as you have seen for yourselves. It all comes out in the end when doing business and not fulfilling the commitment in a timely fashion. The thing is she could have sent me a message to let me know if there was a problem but that has not been the case. I have been the one to send the messages. When she stated she mailed it after confronting her I can’t even get her to tell me when she mailed it. That’s because she never did. Paypal has no tracking info on her part. Once again today the mail has arrived and still nothing. We are now on day 17. plenty of time I would say for a small item to be sent. According to paypal she had plenty of time.

3 Likes

Oh wow :cry: So very sorry you are going through this

1 Like

Weren’t you and @cajuncuties just talking about how as soon as she is called out, she makes it right? But until then, nothing. I heard that this happened to a lady on DF awhile ago, so it hasn’t just started now. But I’m super surprised and sad too, as I only found out about this recenlty as well and I’ve loved her Brayden kit and her tutorials for years.

2 Likes

Oh how awful. Sorry you are having to deal with someone like that.

1 Like

I don’t think she is a member of this forum but she does have a Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Learn-To-Reborn-The-Beautiful-Baby-Way/204718992903937?fref=ts

1 Like

She’s a fairly well known reborn artist, although now she has quit reborning. She also sculpted the Brayden and Heavenly reborn kits.

2 Likes

I have been hearing this about Nicole Russell for years.

3 Likes

Deb, I am so sorry this has happened to you. I love the NR tutorial and was really saddened when she took it down a while ago. Glad it is back up. What do you suppose happens to such well know artists that they would do these things. We all have trials in our lives but you don’t hurt other people because things are a wreck in your world. I feel sorry that she has problems and has probably overextended herself and become overwhelmed and is trying to find some balance again. I pray she finds it, she is too talented to disappear. Nicole if you are out there know that best wishes are with you, Hoping your life straightens out and you can once again return to reborning and the customers who thought so highly of you. I know you will make all these wrongs, right !!

5 Likes

Thank you ladies so much for listening to my venting this morning. Unfortunately it came to that but at the same time as of this afternoon checking my messages she has taken this thing seriously finally. I left her my final message this morning by private facebook message and I let her know I was not going to sit back and keep my mouth shut. I was going to let all you other ladies know how she does business. She gave me several excuses but they were different excuses then she used previously. She did a screen shot of the mail receipt from the post office but it shows no date. It was covered up with another slip on the top of it. She stated she is also sending my money back and showed a shot of her bank statement where it was yanked back out by paypal. So in the end we shall see exactly how this plays out. The money will not go back into my account until the 6th. I hate it that this is what it takes to get something that I purchased and for a seller to make things right. We shall see if this all plays out as she has stated. And yes she admitted she was in the wrong. I guess we live and learn.

7 Likes

@honojane Hi Helen. The misled and dishonest are with us in all walks of life, as are those who have some form of mental illness. I think that us “older” ladies come from a generation where this was not so prevalent, but my wise “old” hubby reminds me that it was just as prevalent, but we didn’t have the instant communication and media to rub our noses in it, or actually aid and abet those with dishonest tendencies. My defense is to be as loving and honest a person as I can and hope that I will attract those of like kind. I found a lot of fellowship to that effect on this forum. I am so happy to include you as a friend along with our present “forumers”. Acknowledge that this problem is out there, but cling to the fact that those of us out here that are not bad people outnumber them but because we are not news worthy, aren’t as loud as they are. Diane

8 Likes