Just a glimpse of the ever growing replica problem our community has...šŸ¤¢

So as Iā€™ve said on a few other threadsā€¦Mercari is a field day for knock offsā€¦but itā€™s not stopping at vinyls, SEVERAL are making illegal silicone versions of vinyl kits and store bought dolls like berengerā€¦
Iā€™ve messaged Mercari multiple times, with out much luck, however I was told that if a listing gets 5 reports within a 48 hour period, the listing is removed. Multiple listings reported by the same user within a short period of time results in removal from the platform. So if you have spare time, head over to Mercari (I use the app, easier than website on a phone) and search both
Reborn doll
Silicone doll
Then filter to most recent. I usually also filter for sale so it only shows what it currently available, however Iā€™ve also went and reported a ton of the sold listings. Below I will include just a fraction of the issue with the illegal silicone copies from just within the last few weeksā€¦keep in mind, ALL these photos, are different users.

Mini April

Twin A

Seller admitted to using multiple kit parts for this monstosity

Mini Twin A

Berenger

Raine BB

Blessing MW head (I believe) and generic body

Vinyl Levi fakes

3 Likes

Sleeping Mini Saskia

Mini twin A

Mini Twin A

ALL DIFFERENT USERS :nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Those all look horrible. Iā€™m surprised any of them would sell.

7 Likes

How did they copy them so small? I donā€™t think I would have recognized any of them except Leviā€™s hands :flushed: they are so bad

4 Likes

I think they just need a photoā€¦

I have said this before. I have seen mini April and the Twins multiple times on scam sites

If you can make a 3d print off of photos then it is probably what they do.

5 Likes

With that technology why not scan something else :woman_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

Amazon 3rd party seller selling partial silicone 3 months Joseph
Adolly 23-24 Inch Unpainted Solid Silicone Reborn Baby Dolls Kits with Cloth Body DIY Your Own Sleeping Newborn Doll Accessories 24cs001c Amazon.com

Silicone NOD and Loulou head with generic body
Adolly Reborn Baby Doll Full Body Solid Silicone Girl, Not Vinyl Material Toys, Soft 18 inch Washable Newborn Baby Dolls That Look Real 002C https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097R8XM8R/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_4F29T2DGB5PG4JA7S3W8?psc=1

1 Like

This is just insane!!!

2 Likes

Most of them look so awful and deformed! I canā€™t believe people are buying them from those pictures.

3 Likes

Also the caption makes me furious!!

ā€˜ * High End Classic Collection Version: These new 2021 year version baby dolls are amazing. Our dolls have patent certification, and only we can produce this face shape on the market. If you like this face shape, please donā€™t miss itā€™

8 Likes

These are absolutely awful. The market is so flooded with fakes, that the average buyer wouldnā€™t have a clue what the original looks like. :rage:

2 Likes

I think the technology does exist.

I have to wonder why they are not taking pics of real babies and making kits out of those. The result would be so much better and they could stop running every time their site gets shut down.

8 Likes

Iā€™m guessing theyā€™re too lazy for that and find this much faster. Since there are people willing to buy this schlock, itā€™s easy money. Really disgusting.

2 Likes

They probably donā€™t think that it would be a good seller if they made their own. They probably just think they have to piggyback off of something that already sells and people are familiar with?

4 Likes

Maybe someone needs to inform them. :sweat_smile: I may just do that.

7 Likes

Imagine all the new reputation and customers base they could have if they just do that instead of copying.

6 Likes

Exactly. People will stop hating them and will actually buy from them more. I would actually buy a kit made this way because I would want to support them doing the right thing so they have less incentive to do wrong.

7 Likes

While Iā€™m taking a break from painting, I actually am going down the line introducing myself and making this suggestion.

"HI! Iā€™m Veronika, one of the artists you steal pictures from to sell these kits. :blush: I just wanted to let you know that you would make so much more money if you scan real babies and make kits from those instead. Artists and sculptors will stop getting angry and fighting to have your websites shut down, we would actually buy from you.

Thank you for your consideration."

7 Likes

Apparently being a bottom feeder takes less talent and has a faster turnaround time :expressionless:

5 Likes

Do you think theyā€™ll get a new reputation because Christina of Babyclon still has a ā€œbadā€ reputation even though she stopped using other peoplesā€™ sculpts?

2 Likes