Is anyone selling anything right now?

I haven’t really tried as my focus has been all on making show babies for the IDTS show now cancelled. But I was just wondering is anyone selling anything? Do the post offices even allow you to ship goods now? I am out of the loop?

2 Likes

I’ve sold a lot of kits here on the forum, but I last shipped last week. I am thinking of stopping sales right now as I am not sure when I can next get to the post office. I think they are still open but I don’t know if there are any restrictions on what you can ship right now

1 Like

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/statements/usps-statement-on-coronavirus.htm

1 Like

I sold and shipped one last week but my reborns.com membership will expire in 3 days and I’m not going to renew right now.

1 Like

I choose not to ship or mail right now unless it is essential goods. That is just me though!

1 Like

Sales this month for me are decent, a lot better than last month! I’ve sold 4 babies so far this month and shipped one today. I haven’t had any issues with shipping or anything but I’ve also only shipped within the US, I’m not sure if International shipping would be an issue. I had planned on not shipping because I was worried about overloading when essential things need to be shipped, like food and medical supplies. However I was talking to a friend who works for UPS, they just had a meeting the other day and he said their shipping is way down and expressed concerns about temporary shift reductions due to declining profits. I opted to continue business as usual to avoid contributing to a recession. But I’ll definitely reevaluate if that changes, like if too many employees are out sick and they are overloaded with shipments.

2 Likes

Thank you that is reassuring!

1 Like

Think about that if you will only be allowed to go to grocery stores to buy food (which already happened in many states) and need paper that prove that you work in essential business, do you want to go to a post office even if your doll will get sold?

2 Likes

We haven’t had that imposed on us here in GA. However, if I were to ship something, I would sign up online for the postal delivery to pick it up off my front porch. I have done that many a time and just wait til I see the truck coming up the cul de sac then take it out and put it in the rocking chair on my porch and they get it.

5 Likes

I just sold a doll and I’m doing scheduled pick up from my porch. I always do it that way. He just takes it when he delivers my mail.

2 Likes

I’ve been curious about the porch pick up for shipping, do you have to have a printer to print your prepaid label?

1 Like

My Rose baby Saskia just got adopted yay! Haven’t been to town in two weeks but I’m going to make a run to the post office. I live in a very small town and there’s only ever one person in there at a time. So I should be fine. I’ll sanitize and hand wash as soon as I leave.

22 Likes

@anjsmiles That is just me. I know I am in the minority when it comes to mailing things. I just can’t do it. It would tear me apart inside. I do not condone anyone that is and will do so. It is just a deep personal thing. After all we do continue to get mail - bills etc. NM has a very low rate on the virus and no deaths due to the virus but I want to do what is right for me. We have to do our part to keep things at bay. I may be going too far but it works for me. I may have to stay off of here for a while as I don’t want anyone to have ill feelings because of how strong I feel about it. So sorry it I offended anyone. That is not my intentions. I am being protective, that is the Mom and Grandmother in me. :crying_cat_face: :wave: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

She’s so cute, awesome job.

You didn’t do anything offensive. You don’t have to go away.

3 Likes

You are just sharing your personal views and feelings. And this is what this group is about. This helps us see things from a different perspective.

I’m in South Africa and the President only imposed a total lockdown yesterday but to start from midnight of Thursday the 26th. The post office is not mentioned in the list of services that will continue but food and essential distribution services will continue.

5 Likes

It’s all good. Really. None of us has been through this in our generation and we all have to do what we feel is best. It is not like I am rushing out to mail anything. I haven’t even truly tried to sell anything yet really. I have my silicone babies marked for sale on my FB page but have not been advertising them and so far only interest in one and I am still trying to decide if I want to sell it or keep it for myself.

3 Likes

I agree. Also, I wouldn’t want a doll from anyone right now lol. You can’t disinfect them and we don’t know who is sick. :wink:

2 Likes

You are absolutely not offensive, I see a deep sense of love for your fellow man, a wonderful quality.

5 Likes

She is so perfect in every way her new mommy is going to LOVE her!

1 Like