Is anyone selling anything right now?

Blockquote Importantly, the CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html), the World Health Organization (Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)), as well as the Surgeon General have indicated that there is currently no evidence that COVID-19 is being spread through the mail.

Specifically, according to the World Health Organization, “the likelihood of an infected person contaminating commercial goods is low and the risk of catching the virus that causes COVID-19 from a package that has been moved, travelled, and been exposed to different conditions and temperature is also low.” And according to the CDC, “in general, because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces, there is likely very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures. Coronaviruses are generally thought to be spread most often by respiratory droplets. Currently there is no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with imported goods and there have not been any cases of COVID-19 in the United States associated with imported goods.”

Blockquote

I have seen it said all through this that the virus cannot live on surfaces for long periods of time. Although I totally understand everyone wanting to minimize their risk. I too have concerns. Thankfully we have only had 3 cases reported in our county. Of course, I know this is a long ways from being over yet.

4 Likes

Yeah, this isn’t close to over lol. It;s just the beginning. I get the mail from our mailbox and wipe it down. It is what it is but I’m not going to walk into it either.

2 Likes

You didn’t say anything wrong. Don’t stay off, please! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Example: UPS worker who is symptomatic, but not sick enough to stay home (or afraid to lose his job and paycheck) sneezes or coughs on you package. Cardboard keep virus for 72 h, according to the latest data, despite what CDC is saying.
I understand the desire to sell, especially that shows are cancelled, but I would like to think about other people and prevent the virus spreading. After all reborns are NOT MUST HAVE items.

2 Likes

I dont see sending a package any diffrent then buying groceries, picking up medications from drug store, getting gas, getting YOUR mail. It up to everyone to protect themselfs

3 Likes

So to answer my questions it seems Yes, mail is still sending packages, and Yes some people are still selling and others are choosing to go the more cautious route. I didn’t start this thread to cause a debate or to have people feel bashed if they are still selling their dolls or feel they have to stay away if they are opposed to it.

2 Likes

Your Saskia is beautiful! I am sure the buyer will LOVE her!
I still have a first edition Saskia tucked away in my personal stash.

1 Like

Not worth the risk. Please be safe.

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I am not even listing, I have a pile of babies but I am just not sure how shipping would work or if I should be shipping at all until this is good and over. I don’t want to ship germs (you never know) and I think we are only suppose to be shipping needed things (medicine, food, health products).

3 Likes

Thank you all! Thank you @Kyne for the music uplifting!!!

• blush * thanks…
    Let’s use this time to come together as one family, together on this little blue rock.

Love, kyne

1 Like

I have all my babies hidden that are for sale on Reborns and wont be posting anymore on FB until this is over. I put a little blurb on my profile as well. Shipping is now being restricted so its useless to sell anyway, even inside France…also people do not feel safe which I completely understand. My husband is a biologist and he works in microbiology so we know how to handle our packages. BTW, if anyone is worried about a box they get you can expose it to direct sunlight for a few hours or blue light for a few minutes. Just remember that those tests to see how long the virus lives on surfaces are done with a large amount of virus sprayed onto the surface so someone touching may not be as viable as the reports are saying but definitely wash hands after touching anything that comes from outside.

4 Likes

That is a very good point that I haven’t thought of, I always purchase my labels online and the carrier just picks up the package from my front door. If that wasn’t an option for me and I had to physically go somewhere to mail it I would absolutely not be selling right now. Just thought this is a great point for those that do need to physically drop off their packages :slight_smile:

1 Like

This made me laugh, in a good way, I just received a couple packages, left them on the porch, washed my hands, opened them outside with gloves on, wiped down the items with 99% rubbing alcohol and throwing them inside, discarding the packaging in a trash bag which I discarded with my gloves in the outside can and then scrubbed the heck out of my hands again inside. I feel like a total paranoid psycho! Glad to see others are taking similar measures.

I know they keep saying there’s no evidence about it being spread through the mail, but after reading about the virus still being alive on surfaces like counters of cruise ships and medical masks after 17 days I’m definitely more than happy to look a little cooky if it might protect myself and family. I know they say the virus isn’t killed by UV lights and such so I don’t understand how it couldn’t survive on mailed surfaces but can on other surfaces. Maybe someone else has some insight?

2 Likes

Me and my sister are the only one’s we will allow around my mom. We both have been 14 days in self quarantine to make sure we are safe to be around her! I miss my grandbabies and my boyfriend but my 84 yr old moms health and well-being comes first!

2 Likes

I have to admit I hadn’t thought about the posting of none essential items - which is probably why my BB orders from weeks ago are still in San Francisco. They are definitely non urgent.

I think because I live in Western Australia where we have only a handful of active cases we tend to become a bit complacent with the easing of restrictions. However we will only stay safe as long as our borders remain closed and returning travellers (citizens and permanent residents only) do the right thing and abide by their quarantine. We are not allowed to travel overseas and this is likely to extend into 2021.

Stay safe everyone and do what is needed to protect yourselves, loved ones and your country

1 Like

I know what you mean, I’ve taken social distancing to the extreme in the last six months. If you feel that what you’re doing is right and safe, don’t worry about what others think. You do what’s right for you and your family!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: