Is Anyone Having-----

Awesome!!

Well that doesn’t sound promising

That’s good I hope my kids are like yours

I have as well. Several people commented about the glittery effect on the arm in a couple of the groups.

Could you lightly smooth the pin dots out with a fine nail file or a small piece of superfine sandpaper?

1 Like

Yeah, a few on here had mentioned glitter on her.

2 Likes

I agree totally! Let me know how the rest of her goes. I don’t plan on priming either

1 Like

Before I started painting mine I could tell she had pits on her fingers and toes. And I scrubbed and scrubbed to get rid of the shine on her hand with no luck. So I lightly varnished the hands and feet before painting. She only has a couple of mottling layers now. But I can already tell she’s not taking the paint evenly. :woman_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

I bought 4 and see no problems with any of them (at the moment)

1 Like

I just finished mine and she painted up fine. I do use matte in my first few layers.

1 Like

This newer, softer vinyl that I think started coming out around 2016 tends to paint a bit unevenly at times. Some spots absorb paint and other spots seem fine. I get uneven mottling, a lot. I thought it was just me.

3 Likes

It’s too late, she is almost finished, I just have some details to do yet. She’ll be a keeper so I can deal with it. I do have another one to paint and you can bet I will definitely Prime that kit!!

1 Like

Most of the time I like the newer, softer vinyl. But Delilah just has unique “quirks”. I do like how mine is looking. But she may just be a little splotchy.

1 Like

Have you looked with a flash light? I didn’t see the sparkles til I put the arms under my ottlite. All 3 of mine have the same sparkle.

1 Like

May I ask what ya’ll are referring to when you say: Sparkles? Is it the ‘pin dot’ effect that comes from the paint filling tiny holes?? Or is there something I’m missing??

2 Likes

I tried really hard to get pics of the sparkles. But it was hard to get them to show on the pics. But you can see sparkle spots on these pics. In reality most of the hand had sparkles but they they showed at different angles.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t even be put off. Jazz hands! :laughing:

3 Likes

I am painting Delilah and I’m having the same problem with the toes on one foot. I am getting a concentrate of color sticking to certain areas and tiny dots that take color, I put some oil medium on it and use the length of a toothpick using it “sideways” to gently rub off the excessive layers of color where it is uneven. I can smooth it out and blend the color more evenly. I am using heat set paint.

4 Likes

When I zoomed in I could see them. There’s a lot.

1 Like

I am with you. Just hate how paint look on primed vinyl. I better would prefer pits in some places vs. grainy paint.

3 Likes