Is Anyone Having-----

Trouble with Delilah? I started painting my Delilah a couple of days ago and all seemed to be going well until today. I noticed as I was putting some color on her hands that on her right hand the fingers took paint differently as in: little tiny dots on the fingers, the pinky is the worst. I noticed it right away and tried to remove it and it was a “NO GO”, it is stuck forever. I am so disappointed. I know these things happen but I really wanted this baby to be as perfect as I could make it (keeper). Dang it anyway!! I will admit I didn’t ‘prime’ it first which is something I usually always do—my bad. I have lost heart. Anyway for those who have this kit, please be aware as it might happen to you too and maybe not.

3 Likes

I have seen LOTS of posts about her having a glitter look to her hand and lots of pin dots! :frowning:

I havent even washed mine. But I will for sure prime her first.

4 Likes

I hadn’t seen anything Jenni or I probably wouldn’t have posted about it. I’m disappointed cause she is really a cute baby. The rest of her seems to be ok, so far.

2 Likes

I am not sure if there is a post on this forum about it yet.
I have heard about it else where.

3 Likes

Well maybe this will help someone on here who hasn’t seen anything about it either. At least make them aware so they can “prime” first.

2 Likes

Ughhh. I hate primed kits. I don’t even feel like they paint nicely, might as well have pin dots because priming makes it grainy anyway. I started mine already but I’m not very far I so I didn’t notice issues yet.

4 Likes

I had NO issues during all my many first layers. Maybe you’ll be lucky and have NO problems!

Nope, no issues what so ever!

1 Like

Awesome!!

Well that doesn’t sound promising

That’s good I hope my kids are like yours

I have as well. Several people commented about the glittery effect on the arm in a couple of the groups.

Could you lightly smooth the pin dots out with a fine nail file or a small piece of superfine sandpaper?

1 Like

Yeah, a few on here had mentioned glitter on her.

2 Likes

I agree totally! Let me know how the rest of her goes. I don’t plan on priming either

1 Like

Before I started painting mine I could tell she had pits on her fingers and toes. And I scrubbed and scrubbed to get rid of the shine on her hand with no luck. So I lightly varnished the hands and feet before painting. She only has a couple of mottling layers now. But I can already tell she’s not taking the paint evenly. :woman_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

I bought 4 and see no problems with any of them (at the moment)

1 Like

I just finished mine and she painted up fine. I do use matte in my first few layers.

1 Like

This newer, softer vinyl that I think started coming out around 2016 tends to paint a bit unevenly at times. Some spots absorb paint and other spots seem fine. I get uneven mottling, a lot. I thought it was just me.

3 Likes

It’s too late, she is almost finished, I just have some details to do yet. She’ll be a keeper so I can deal with it. I do have another one to paint and you can bet I will definitely Prime that kit!!

1 Like