I'm ready....I hope! UPDATE 7-7-17

So sorry that you are not getting the hang of it but glad you are not giving up yet, lol!

1 Like

Okay, so today we had a Dolly Day and @AmyR777 and @snuggle2me Carrie and I painted together using air dry paintsā€¦I used Liquitex, Amy used Reborn FX, and Carrie did some of each. Definitely a learning curve, but it went so much better today, with all 3 of us working together :blush:

Hereā€™s a foot I worked on, havenā€™t used the matte varnish on it yet. I am trusting and believing that the shine will disappear once the varnish goes on. Not the best pic, but tried to get a close up to show you:

Obviously, I need work on creases, especially crease colors and stuff, but this is my best try after the disastrous belly plate above. Wish I had more time to play around with it; I think I might like it once I get going.

8 Likes

I started trying the liquitex after using Luminaire. They are different from each other but not the same type of learning curve, both being air dry. I debated on the Genesis when I started. Glad I went with no oven. Especially seeing how hard it is to switch.

2 Likes

What a cute little foot, the color looks good- I wish I could paint with you three! I keep telling myself I am going to buy a small set of GHSP and just see how I could do with it, but I always chicken out.

2 Likes

I wish you could paint with us, too! We have fun, trying new things. :blush:

2 Likes

Had a blast today experimenting! Mine was an epic fail lol. But at least I learned what not to do. :laughing:

2 Likes

Karen! Your leg turned out beautiful!

1 Like

I have air dryā€¦scared to start :confused:

2 Likes

It was a fun day! :smile:

3 Likes

I went straight to air dry just because Iā€™m lazy. Couldnā€™t imagine having to cook a kit. It is very hard to comprehend genesis conversations never being exposed to it. when i hear wipe it off :confused: canā€™t imagine!. thereā€™s plenty of differences among the air dry paints. I need immediate satisfaction, yet i have about 6 kits here- none are finished. Looks good!

1 Like