I’m NOT a fan

Of a lot of hair on reborn dolls forehead. A little bit is okay but some look like little monkeys. Is it just me? It seems like it’s getting to be a fad.

9 Likes

I don’t personally care for it either. I have 7 kids and none of them ever had hair on their foreheads like that lol. Not even my 32 week preemie. I know a lot of babies do have that but I just always compare them to my own kids and grandkids for reference.

2 Likes

I think artists are always looking to add that extra element of realism to take thier work to the next level. It doesn’t always translate well and practice does make perfect, though sometimes artists need to get feedback to know how close they have come to achieving their goal. :wink: and sometimes people are too generous with compliments and artists think they are on the right track. Unless they really do like the look themselves.
I for when am never happy with my work if it’s not perfect. That hasn’t happened yet :wink:

4 Likes

It can be cool but I’m seeing that they put it on the forehead and stop. That’s unrealistic to me. If they had that much hair on the forehead it wouldn’t just stop. There would be a little on the cheeks, sides of face, etc

4 Likes

I think some of them very realistic and looks really good. I think it just boils down to personal preference really.

2 Likes

My friend’s grandson was born with tons of fuzz everywhere. But he’s the only baby I’ve ever seen with so much fuzz. :heart_eyes::exploding_head:

4 Likes

Also at least in the real babies I’ve seen, it doesn’t cover the entire forehead. There is usually space in the middle above the eyebrows. Not that it’s never completely covered, it’s just not common.

I don’t dislike it, I have a doll that has it, I just think it’s overdone.

There are a lot of trends that people are using now that are realistic, but very uncommon on real babies

2 Likes

Love his little fuzzy arms :heart:

2 Likes

Probably had back hair too?

2 Likes

And arm hair. He was hairy everywhere.

2 Likes

This baby’s entire forehead was covered. But he is definitely not common. The artists who do this to every doll they make need to stop. It looks weird when 100% of their babies have a feature that probably less than 1% of real babies have.

6 Likes

As a baby born with lots of blonde body hair, as was my son, it’s a detail that isn’t really expected on a reborn. It would be very hard to get realistic. I don’t know if that would be endearing or not. Probably not for most customers.
It’s also something that doesn’t last long. Newborn condition only.
My son even had a blonde beard, but only for a week or two. The rest of his hair was dark.
I wouldn’t really go for a bearded reborn.

2 Likes

He is a hairy little guy :heart:

2 Likes

As a baby born with lots of blonde body hair, as was my son, it’s a detail that isn’t really expected on a reborn. It would be very hard to get realistic. I don’t know if that would be endearing or not. Probably not for most customers.
It’s also something that doesn’t last long. Newborn condition only.
My son even had a blonde beard, but only for a week or two. The rest of his hair was dark.
And I wouldn’t really go for a bearded reborn.

1 Like

Yes I agree

1 Like

My nephew was born with hair on his entire forehead even had a swirl. The hair was very fine however. The hair was there for MONTHS.

18 Likes

I agree with you, I don’t like it. I will say that I have seen some lately that are painted beautifully but I just don’t like the ‘hairy’ look. Some real babies are born pretty hairy so those momma’s probably love it!!

5 Likes

That swirl :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

6 Likes

My youngest was born 8weeks early and reminded me of a baby chick, very fuzzy. It all wore off very quickly but it was strange and his little fingernails were so soft.

3 Likes

I agree, I’m not a fan. I, personally, have never seen a real baby with hair on the forehead/face. I know that it does happen, it’s just not common and not something I want on my reborns. I think that most artists (especially prototype artists, I’ve noticed) have taken the trend too far. To each their own, but I’ll pass!

3 Likes