I’m NOT a fan

I see that many prototype artists do the blond peach fuzz on the forehead and I don’t mind that, I find that perfectly fine and fitting for some kits but I don’t like the darker colored face hairs. On some babies it’s cute but not many in my opinion.:orange_heart::fallen_leaf:

4 Likes

That swirl is just begging for kisses! Lol😍

3 Likes

I think it’s just a matter of personal preference. I also don’t care for reborn with scratches. Although it’s common for newborns to scratch themselves I personally would rather have a flawless face with a little mottling.

3 Likes

I’m not a fan. While some babies are born with it (and I think it’s rarer than those not born with it), I don’t think it translates well into reborns. I think it makes them look like werewolves. I’ve read that a lot of babies who are born with all the extra hair usually lose it around a month after birth. It may be due to the mother’s hormones while in the womb. I don’t minds some, especially when it is a little light, fuzzy lanugo, but too much and too dark, no. To each their own artistic style, but I’m not a fan.

7 Likes

I personally prefer to do a little fuzzy forehead, but I try not to overdo it and have so much it looks like a monkey or werewolf. I do blonde lanugo sometimes on the rest of the forehead.

10 Likes

Totally using this as a swirl reference :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

My granddaughter is very dark haired, she didn’t have much on her forehead but her arms and back were covered in it, it was gone by the time she was a month old though, I think some people presume all dark haired babies have it but it’s pretty rare

4 Likes

I love it on him.

Beautifully done! Love how you do your hair!

I love the way you did it! It’s just right. :heart::heart::heart:

Subtle and beautiful.

Thank you!

Thank you! I have to reign it in sometimes :joy:

2 Likes

1 Like

@Alypants I don’t care if people like forehead hair or not I can’t imagine anyone not loving the way your babies look! Keep on keeping on girl, your babies are amazing!!!

4 Likes

Totally!!!

1 Like

When my youngest was born they used how hairy he was to try and figure out how preemie he really was. The earlier they are born before thier due date the more lanugo they have. He had more hair on his back and shoulders than anywhere else. It’s like anorexics start growing lanugo as thier bodies way of keeping itself warm due to lack of body fat so maybe that’s the key!!! Fat babies = less lanugo and thinner babies = more?

Sorry totally working this out with myself here as I type :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

That explains why my son was born pretty much bald. He was a week and a half early but weighed 4 ounces short of ten pounds. LOL

1 Like