Human hair where to buy

Okay, so really, so how do we know the difference and what brand or place is recommended? I am looking for a loose curl human hair. I have never bought human hair and have no idea where to start. Do I just guess and take a risk?

1 Like

I buy from amazon or beauty supply store. Put in loose curl human hair on amazon. I make sure it say 100% human hair or Brazilian hair. Also, I check the stars of reviews.

2 Likes

Isn’t it scary!!! I don’t want to feel like I’ve waisted money!

1 Like

What is Remy hair----I see it advertised on the internet when I put in: human hair?

2 Likes

Not to me. You may be better going into a Beauty supply store to feel the hair, before you buy it.

2 Likes

It’s a brand of hair I believe.

I’m definitely no expert on human hair. I’ just look for 100% human hair in the description. I never pay over 40.00 for my human hair. I usually get like 3 bundles in a pack when I order from amazon. Sometimes you are taking a chance from buying online cause you cannot physically see or touch the hair. I’ve only brought 1 kind of hair from amazon that I didn’t really care for. I rooted 7 month June awake with human hair. I really like the hair. I’ll check tomorrow n see what type of hair it is.

1 Like

Do you root only older babies with human hair, or do you do infant babies as well?

2 Likes

Remy hair means all hair is going in the same direction. All the cut ends are on the same end. If it’s not listed as Remy, it could mean the hairs are all jumbled up. It has to do with how the human hair is processed. The cosmetologist in me had to jump in. Hope that helps!

9 Likes

I have never done it, I wanted to try!

I have rooted newborns with human hair too.

2 Likes

WOW, thanks for the info @Alypants, I would NEVER in a million years figured that one out!! That is really good info to have when looking for human hair.

You know the best thing to do when finding human hair is to go to your nearest inner city area and check out some of their “hair stores.” There are literally huge stores that sell nothing but wigs, weaves, extensions, and loose hair. The people who work there are super knowledgeable! The best part is you can see it all in person. We took a lot of field trips when I was in beauty school. So much fun!

2 Likes

That sounds really interesting but I don’t think we have any such shops around here.

I’m from Ohio and for instance they would be in the more populated areas like Dayton and Columbus. They are everywhere around the big cities, but kind of hole in the wall places that don’t get advertised.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t live close to any big cities-----San Diego would be the closest and I don’t go there-----unless I’m off to the airport to go to ROSE!!

1 Like

I think as long as you order Remy, you will be ok. As far as races go, European is pretty fine. Asian is very sought after, and usually straight and heavy. Although very pretty, it would be kind of thick for a baby. Indian is wonderful and can have some slight wave and may be a little finer than Asian. Those are the main three types you will find. European isn’t as common, and isn’t as predictable.

E.t.a. Sorry if it may sound like I am profiling races, but this information is common knowledge in the hair industry. I sometimes forget that the hair belonged to people- who belong to these races. I don’t want to offend! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

What about Brazilian and Peruvian?

In my opinion, Brazilian would be closest to Indian. I think it would make good hair to root with. I’ve seen it in stores, but I have not seen Peruvian hair up close.

2 Likes

I don’t know how I forgot Brazilian, because it is highly popular.

1 Like