How do you pick and decide on clothing for your dolls?

I’m going to be finishing two dolls this month, fingers crossed. Where do you guys find clothes and how do you decide? Where is the best place for reasonable classic smocked or knitted baby clothing?

1 Like

I go to walmart and get whatever will fit them lol Or I use something I already have. I generally stick to Carters brand because its my favorite for the price

3 Likes

I love Carter’s! My kids wore lots of Carter’s and Gymboree.

2 Likes

I have to say where I live there are always Preemie clothes and a lot during the sales in Wal Mart. I prefer older babies but wish I needed them. Maybe I will get a few for the traveling pants box. But keep an eye in Wal Mart!

1 Like

I don’t live near one. I have to go to Jersey and see what they have or shop online. I know, weird right? I love bigger babies too. Especially toddlers and the chubby bubs.

1 Like

Enchantedhanger on EBay sells brand new Remember Nguyen outfits at really good prices. Here is the link to one. They always have several listed. :heart_eyes:
https://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Remember-Nguyen-Smocked-Day-Gown-Newborn-Girls-NB-Dress-RN259-READ/153169429432?hash=item23a99c03b8:g:t1wAAOSwh49bkTm8

6 Likes

That’s funny Wal Mart is our only department store, no auto or eye place though! Oh we do have Beals, too expensive for five and dime stuff, lol.

1 Like

Thank you! I love remember Nguyen.

1 Like

Ooo nice! @Katinafleming

1 Like

I have a ton of baby clothes but often what I plan on them wearing doesn’t look the best on them. Etsy has some beautiful vintage infant clothes, many with smocking or embroidery. Just make sure to read the descriptions carefully. Sometimes there are light stains or small tears that can be fixed. Some are like new.

2 Likes

Maybe look and see what swap.com has to offer, it’s an online resale shop.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone. These are some great suggestions! I like classic baby clothes and when I looked at my usual places, everything was very modern which I don’t like. I love Walmart for everything lol, and o love the new resources you guys have suggested.

Edit. Swap is my favorite place for clothes now! Everything is so cheap. Haul time!

2 Likes

What’s Swap?

Here’s @PutABonnetOnIt post

1 Like

Awesome. I’ll have to check it out. I love cheap stuff :wink:

This is so cute!

If you need preemie clothes, Babies R Us just started carrying a HUGE very tiny preemie line, fits extremely small babies - it’s significantly smaller than Carter’s preemie. Americans may be able to order online?

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know! Hopefully they have it online, Babies R us is difficult for me to get to, since I don’t have a car.

1 Like

Just make sure and check the condition before you order it. They will have it listed with each item.

1 Like

My toys r us and babies r us just closed. They closed all of them in the United States I think.

3 Likes