How do you pick and decide on clothing for your dolls?

They have :sob:

Yup, only the canadian ones have survived. For once it isn’t the canadian stores closing lol

2 Likes

Wonderful I am so happy for you that is awesome!

I find the cutest clothes at Walmart…I just buy whatever is the cutest and since I work there I get my 10% discount.

I buy mostly discounted or secondhand clothes. I got a whole stock and when I finish a new doll, I dress them in several outfits to see what fits and looks best on them. I rarely buy outfits specifically for one doll.
Right now I don’t sell for enough money to add on more expensive clothes, so I send them home in a basic outfit, usually a onesie and a sleeper or two-piece with a hat.

2 Likes

I find most of my vintage and knits at the local thrift store. This last haul cost under $10!

8 Likes

You guys are lucky, stuff here in the EU is far more expensive! One of the few reasons I miss the US :wink:

2 Likes

So it’s not just me then. I can rarely find cute baby clothes for cheap, unless they’re basic secondhand or have been at the same store for years. XD

1 Like

There is a thing on eBay here in France where you can buy up to 15 kilos of clothes. I got 5 kilo of baby clothes between 0-3 months for 15 euro. They are used but I actually got a lot of cute things that are in great shape. I did have to throw some things away but I think I got a good deal. I sell most of my babies below the price that most people here do so I don’t have a problem sending used clothes and I list that some clothes are new and some used. I don’t see why it matters anyway, as long as they look nice but I do like to buy new outfits as well. I spend a lot of time on Amazon and eBay looking for things. They do have huge sales here a couple times a year so I need to hit those next time!

2 Likes

Wow! Lucky you. Lovely items.

1 Like

That is such a good deal. You got some good items!

1 Like

I volunteer at that thrift store and I looked through their vintage clothes box🤩 I love the things I can find there!

4 Likes

I bought quite a few items from Swap.com in the past. I wasn’t too thrilled with their condition when I got them. :neutral_face:

1 Like

What was wrong?

1 Like

I just always watch the condition listed below it. They do send their items waded up which I do not like but I launder and dry flat everything anyway. Everything I have gotten was just fine. I sure hope now that I have given it as a recommendation no one has a bad experience…it is Free returns though I do believe

1 Like

They weren’t horrible, just in too used condition. I did not want to send them with the reborns I sold. They were okay for the ones you keep at home or for your own children.

1 Like

Yeah I know how you feel. It’s OK to keep stuff for home that you’d never wear out or put on your kids or reborns to wear outside.