How do you feel....?

I get pictures from the lady, here in France, who bought my Lil Smile, all the time. I just got a “goodnight” one from her last night. She takes her everywhere with her, including the park and puts her on swings, etc…shes she cute! it was due to the fact that I priced her a bit lower, that she was able to buy. She’s on disability and could not afford one of my more expensive babies so I think I will raise the price on some of my babies but I still, also, want to make affordable ones for people who honestly can’t afford one. Its hard to know who is telling you stories and who is not but I always think of this Mommy with her baby who she obviously loves very much :blush:

4 Likes

@jubileej Julie, you work is not average, I saw two of your babies at the show in your stroller, so don’t ever doubt that. And that baby in the picture is amazing and look so real! You are a great artist! I was honored to meet and chat with you!

1 Like

I witnessed it several times during IDTS, however artists said ‘No’ and buyers paid what the artists were asking for. So conclusion, if they were truly drowned (sorry, not sure if it’s the right spelling) to your doll, they will pay what you ask for it!

As unpleasant as it can be to see that your (and by ‘your’ I meant any RA) artwork resells for a higher price (which basically a compliment to you as an artist), I agree with points that @DancesWithDolls made. IMO, selling is a hardest part. Some people were born as ‘sellers’. some don’t. And we all want to have ‘forever mommies’ and ‘forever home’ for our babies. I think as long as RA are comfortable with the price for their dolls as they sell it, re-selling part should be ok. Some people see buying and re-selling as a money making opportunity and I see it on reborns.co. So, just don’t ‘sell’ yourself short (unless you are in immediate need of money) and stand your grounds. Ask what you think it worth to you and be patient. I believe all babies will sell eventually.

3 Likes

@Elka Sorry, I disagree with that. Bonding/ non-bonding with reborn babies are real.

Please forgive me, but your work is much more than ‘average’! You have been on of my favorite artists for a long time.
@DollyPardon huge hugs, you aren’t alone (if I am reading this right) Some of us want to believe people are all good, it hurts to find out the niceness or kindness we tend to extend towards others isn’t reciprocated instead it’s taken advantage of. My heart feels for you. :cry:

I offer mine lower for some who are sick or buying for a mother that is sick without being ask to but if someone bought a doll just to resale for profit that would sting a bit.

2 Likes

Yelena, Thank you so much for your kind words. I enjoyed meeting you too and your baby avatar was amazing!

1 Like

Thank you so much Catherine. I appreciate your comments!

1 Like

Yelena, this is why I never intended to sell my babies. I make them for me. That way they can have a forever home and mommy. :slight_smile: And, on your comment about bonding, I do know it is very real. We, as humans, bond to a lot of things. We call it other things at times. Sentimental for one. But we are bonded. My Mom gave her car to me before she passed away. It is not a fancy car, or even a 1/2 way new car. But, it was hers. I am very bonded. I thought I would never get rid of it. But, my son needed a car so badly to be able to find a job and get back and forth to work. I agonized over the decision, but I finally donated it to him. I pray he will always take care of it – as long as it last, and not forget that it was one of my most prized possessions. So, I was very bonded to that car. I am bonded to a lot of other things that were my Moms as well as other things I have that were never my Moms. Yes, bonding is very real – be it a reborn, or something else. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think it mostly bothers me when, out of the goodness of my heart, I sell a doll for less than I could potentially get for it. Then, when the buyer turns around and sells it for more, well…

I bought a doll from a lady in the States. I decided to sell him. I sold him for less than what I paid, as he was second hand. I think that’s what any reasonable person would do?

7 Likes

@jubileej Same here, Julie! My only regrets that I didn’t ask to hold your bigger baby :heart_eyes:
And thank you for your kind words about my baby :blush:

1 Like