How do you feel....?

I don’t think you would be stupid one as you sold it to a person in good faith. They are the ones that might ought to feel some way. I don’t know how I would feel as I have never sold a doll, but I think I would hate to know my doll brought so much more money, and I could have set my own prices higher and made that money. After all, I would be the one who put the actual work in it. Just buying a doll and then reselling it isn’t a lot of work – like actually reborning it.

1 Like

I totally agree. It is absolutely beautiful and very well done!

Yes, Lil’, your work is way above average.

2 Likes

Thank you, Katina. This post really helped a lot. :blush:

4 Likes

I just had one of my babies (honestly) resold for the first time and I was kinda sad she sold it but she was having some money issues and needed to destash some of her collection. She was kind enough to email me and let me know and also ask if I preferred to be listed as the artist or not.

I told her to list me as the artist as long as she disclosed it was previously owned baby and she made no alterations or modifications.

So to answer your question if someone is investing in your baby and they resell it and make a little money then your work just increase in value, I can’t see a downside.

If you are selling babies below market and you feel good about that and are making the money you want then I would just call it a wholesale deal, if that works for you.

If it doesn’t feel right then maybe increasing your price might make that better?

Not sure I answered that question well…

6 Likes

What sculpt is she?

That is one beautiful baby

I once had a Katie Marie listed for 1200$
I lowered it to 800$ and she sold that night to a television network!

Moral is. Know your works worth and don’t be afraid to ask for it.

2 Likes

The more I’ve thought about this today, the more I think I’m just too nice. The majority of my customers seem to be hard working people, not rich or anything. I think I just felt like I wanted to make it easier for them… This is just my nature though. I do lots of volunteer work, and pretty much would give the shirt off of my back to help anyone in need.

That said, going forward I will be setting a price based on my formula and that is that. I’ll reel in my niceness and channel that into my charity work.

10 Likes

You can be nice and still charge what your dolls are worth. Payment plans give everyone a chance to own a really good reborn.

3 Likes

I don’t see how people can sell their dolls so cheap. I haven’t been doing it long but if I change any less I will definitely be going in the hole . I see some so cheap!

1 Like

That would really bother me!

Thank you so much Cherry!

1 Like

Karen you make me blush. Thank you for your nice compliments.

1 Like

I feel like the odd man out, as I’m trying to understand why one would be upset about a doll being resold, be it for the original amount, higher or lower. Artists price their work at what they see fit, once it’s sold then that should be the end of it. If one is so concerned about it posibly being resold for more, and feeling slighted…then price it for more originally.
People who collect anything don’t typically keep the “something” forever unless it’s a priceless artifact or the like. Peoples tastes change, collections go in different directions, etc. So when someone decides to disband or move something out of their collection, and at what price, then that’s their business. Just as its our business what we price the doll at originally, and hate when a buyer tries to talk down the price or tell us what the doll should be worth.

And on a different note, good lordy @jubileej, that baby couldn’t get anymore realistic. She’s absolutely beautiful.

4 Likes

I think I explained it towards the end, but will explain once more. I priced lower than I should have. This is an issue of me being too nice and too accommodating, nothing more.

It won’t happen again.

3 Likes

I totally understand what you are saying .

My reply wasn’t in response to what you said, it was my response to the post topic. My selling style is very much like yours, and I’m more happy with it. That’s one of the many beauties of the hobby…it’s 100% my/your/whoever else’s work and 100% my/your/whoever else’s business what we price it at. What’s wrong with being “nice and accomodating?”
And if a seller wants to resell my doll, more power to them. I’ve already been paid for my work, the doll is now theirs to do with what they please.

1 Like

Thank you Jeanhai!

Thank you Sara, she is Chloe by Natalie Blick.

1 Like

Thank you Tiffiny