How do you all hold your tongue?

This is everywhere! So annoying. If you read the r/Mercari reddit, it’s pretty funny how similar the situation is.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mercari/comments/hcq6r5/mercari_customers_be_like/

6 Likes

A buyer on reborns gave me a line about wanting to buy my doll for her grandma’s ninety-odd birthday and would I consider dropping my price. On the off chance the story was true (it was) I agreed to knock 25 dollars off for her. She messaged me back and said “great. Thanks! The family are going to vote on what doll to buy and I’ll let you know if you win!” :joy::joy::joy:
Sadly, I did not win the opportunity to give her granny a doll at a reduced price.

16 Likes

True. In my working days if my boss had handed me a paycheck for $0, I wouldn’t be back. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Poor you. :disappointed_relieved: :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

Are you serious :joy::joy::joy: unbelievable!! People…where are they coming from!

6 Likes

They were put on this earth to give us a giggle. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

I believe the average person doesn’t know what’s involved in the reborn process. If they come across a knockoff or fake site with low prices, that request may seem within reason. This post is anything but snobbish-it’s realistic. It’s more of a vent that everyone on here can appreciate. It’s only when people see what that price point buys, will they appreciate the work of a true artist.

12 Likes

Thanks for all the sensible comments, I posted this because I was finding it increasingly frustrating putting so much time and money into this art and seeing posts like that and wondered how you have all remained calm when you have been doing it for years, I didn’t expect to be attacked because of my post.
I’m going to take myself away from commenting on this forum but thank you to all of you who have helped and encouraged me while I have been here x

15 Likes

That right there is super time consuming! Been there done that. Tried to dye hair brown and it ended up purple/silver so that is it really a money saving option when I consider how much $ I ended up spending trying to learn something to save money. But this has been the story of my life lolwith everything

3 Likes

It is hard to tell who is oblivious, serious, trying to be funny, serious.

Mostly I just ignore.

9 Likes

Me too!!’ And a beautiful ocean view, an infinity pool and hot tub and guest house and attached gym are a MUST!!!

7 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Don’t let anybody drive you away. You have as much right here as anyone else.

11 Likes

Oh, that’s right, I forgot the pool. Need one of those too and I want a super bargain price. LOL!!

3 Likes

This is the reason I send locals to my reborn page, most of them only want a toy for their child, which is fine, but I feel like mine are collector quality, so I send them to my reborn nursery. Usually I never hear from them again, which is fine by me.

8 Likes

And room out back for a pig farm. :wink::pig::pig::pig:

5 Likes

Stay! Don’t let one ugly comment run you off. :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

All of that and a warehouse for my reborn supplies.

5 Likes

Call me a snob but those posts piss me off too.

7 Likes

Low price, are you kidding? I think I need that house, pool and all the trappings for free! I’ve been trapped in this house since February, I’m old, I have wrinkles, my dog threw up yesterday, my back hurts after helping put together a new bed, and my DH recently had heart surgery!

9 Likes