Hooray for consignment shops!

Went for lunch with a friend and then dropped by the local consignment shops and found these for my cutie, some brand new. The clerk asked if I had a little one in the family- I said I had a niece, which is true, but not a newborn niece. I just couldn’t tell her it was for my doll😉

22 Likes

What a great collection of outfits xx

The little ducky outfit is my favourite and baby looks adorable in it :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

You scored!!!
I’m like you, I don’t normally mention the dolls. My husband on the other hand, is quick to tell people we’re shopping for dolls…then starts flashing pictures on his cell phone. I’'m sure some of the folks think we’ve lost our minds. With him around I’ll never need to advertise…he’s pushes babies like crack! lol
What size does your baby wear?

9 Likes

We have a children’s consignment store about 30 minutes from here. Great stuff. Great prices. The most expensive item I’ve bought there was a new, with tags, 18months size, Calvin Klein jumper and turtleneck shirt for $9. I just told her the stuff was for my reborns because I bought so much-boys, girls, infant’s, toddlers, shoes, toys and so on. I don’t think i look old enough to have 50 grandchildren. They have baby equipment too. Car seats, strollers, port-a-cribs, bouncy seats. It’s a great store but I don’t go in there with more than $20-too dangerous to the bank account.

4 Likes

Hey Tiffiny, I LIKE your husband! Take him everywhere with you.

2 Likes

It’s Kase asleep- she wears newborn. 0-3 would probably work too but I don’t think I have any. 3 mo is a little big.

1 Like

Yeah, there’s probably only so many times I can say it is for my newborn niece, lol! Maybe someday I’ll get brave and tell them😀

1 Like

Don’t be shy. Take one with you. You might sell it.

Have not gotten the chance to try reborning myself yet. Might have to wait for Xmas money next year. Right now I have a collection of one reborned by Melanie😁

2 Likes

I used to be. Now I’m just a brazen little dolly Grandma.

5 Likes

Wow, you got some great finds!! I had my nephew with me when I was shopping for doll clothes so I had to say it was for the doll. My nephew is quite the chunker, he’s 9 months but already wearing 18 month clothing and there I was pulling out preemie outfits. The sales lady was like, uh… I don’t think that’s going to fit him lol! So I had to tell her it was for a doll I was making.

4 Likes

LOL LOL…and what did she say? I don’t know if the people we come across are intrigued by the doll or my husband’s energy about the doll. Imagine walking onto a car lot…he’s that, only with doll pictures. One lady commented on the doll being cute with her bald head and my husband tells her all bold and matter-of-factly “oh she (meaning me) can paint hair or put real hair (rooting) on the doll if you don’t like it bald.” I wanted to punch him in the neck…I just barely started making the dolls and he’s telling people I can paint hair and whatnot. I love the overwhelming confidence he has in me, but come on now! He’s a trip.

4 Likes

LOL She was just really intrigued about it, most people around here are really interested and want to know more. My boyfriend is like your husband LOL he has way more confidence in my work and already named my nursery before I finished my first baby! He helps me have plenty doll kits so I can’t complain :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes they sound like twins only my husband came up with the nursery name “sugar boogar”…bless his heart. lol. The jury is still out on that one, but if I don;t think of something pretty quickly boogar it may very well be.

5 Likes

Love your Kase all dressed up in her new duckie outfit…totally adorable…We have a shop 30 mins away and have become friends with the owners…she even helped me sell a couple of reborns and for awhile had a couple REBORNs in the shop behind glass locked up…she puts lots of stuff away for me that is like new before anyone else has a chance to even see it…!!..nice things and of course, excellent prices…

These people are wonderful and my daughter who lives 2 1/2 hours away and buys really nice stuff sent 3 bags up here…the big green ones so we donated it for her…when the owner of the store saw my REBORNs for the first time she was thrilled…I want to do a lookalike baby for her at cost…!!..:heartpulse:

2 Likes

LOL!!! :laughing:

1 Like

What a great find at the store! I have way too much clothing to justify walking in fun store like that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome haul! The ducky outfit is definitely my favorite :slight_smile:

I love consignment stores. There’s a children’s one right down the road from my house and I can walk there. I haven’t been in since the summer but I always find things I love in there and once our apartment is sort of cleaned out I’ll probably shop there for some nursery furniture.

My favorite things I’ve ever gotten from there were an Ed Hardy onesie ($3),and a brand new head support for a car seat for $8!

I actually like shopping on the secondhand market in general. Thrift stores, Craigslist, you name it. I desperately want to visit a Once Upon a Child Someday :grin:

2 Likes

You’ll LOVE Once Upon a Child! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a “Once upon a child” about 10 (maybe less) miles from me and I went there a week ago for the first time. They have a LOT of stuff in that store. Some of the stuff seemed to be pretty reasonable in price and some of the stuff was way overpriced as far as I was concerned. They had so much clothing that you would have to stay in there for a week to go through it all. It really wasn’t my thing. You can get some of the furniture, strollers etc for almost the same price brand new. If I was going to buy something second hand and it was only a matter of 5 or 10 dollars more to get a new one, I would get the new one. But that’s just me.

2 Likes