Hey there is a kit of the day!

I’m with @PhotographyForLife. I buy what I like. I understand the price change. The vinyl is always flawless and they sell well. I’m not too bothered and it’s not going to affect me too much. I too don’t sell prototype quality dolls and my prices range from 450-600 at the moment.

4 Likes

BB vinyl is consistently the best. I am always apprehensive when ordering kits after some of the horror stories I’ve heard. Romy legler for example. I did buy a kit from someone on the forum that was my first non BB kit and I was shocked!!! The vinyl was hard and the creases were more like slashes. I feel like when I buy a kit from somewhere else I’m always taking my chances!

Plus BBs customer service can’t be beat

8 Likes

I was nice and left you a compliment…but no I’m not leaving the hobby. Also this isn’t about 5.00, it’s about the sale kits. Getting them for 30 on sale and then now 60. Also, my hubby and I are retired.

1 Like

Thank you for the compliment. All I’m saying is $5 isn’t that big of deal for an artist. Just add it to the end cost of the doll. I’m sure @bountifulbaby is just as heart broken as anyone about having to raise prices and stop the sale kits. They go above and beyond to keep us happy. They deserve our respect instead of complaints over $5.

5 Likes

I’m not in disagreement at about what you are saying, I just can’t justify buying bb kits at this time to try and absorb it because I would have to. I don’t get the increase pricing for my dolls. Just saying my side. Hopefully this is temporary.

1 Like

So personally I always send a toy, pacifier, pacifier clip, blanket, socks, diapers, 2 outfits maybe 3, headband (if girl), some times a brush set.
If I leave out 1 outfit. that covers the kit increase. or I raise my price $5… or maybe even my shipping price $5.
It isn’t too much of a difference for me. Kits full price are still cheaper than a lot of sculptor kits even on sale.

I do however wish there was free shipping after a certain amount spent… I like that. I tend to ALWAYS order $100+ at Macphersons just for the free shipping, and I know I would do that at BB too when I order.

18 Likes

The few extra dollars won’t bother me. I order kits when I can and order what I like. I love the realborn kits

3 Likes

Ooooo now I like that idea!!!

4 Likes

Right?! I seriously sit here and make up 2 carts one on BB and one on Macs.
I get my Mac’s to $100 for free shipping then go to BB and try to get it to about $90 then add $10 for shipping and see which cart I want more… lol

Plus Mac has 3 easy pay… soooo they win the “battle” more often.

8 Likes

I think I notice a trend of artists sending less stuff with the dolls in general. I started sending pretty much only whats pictured in my listing despite the fact that I have also raised my prices. Reason being for me is there’s only been one doll that I bought where I actually liked the stuff sent, so I figured my customers would be the same with their own tastes. Plus seriously, how much fun is shopping for baby clothes and accessories? I started this way before the pandemic, have sold plenty of dolls and have had no complaints, so to those who are having difficulty and can not increase their prices, I would suggest scaling back in some way. If you aren’t charging much, you really can send just the baby in a cute outfit wrapped in a blanket with a pacifier.

7 Likes

I’ve seriously thought about cutting back a little on what to send. I always send way more than I list especially if the customer is a repeat, someone I know, or was super sweet or something. Or like in Huxley’s case I just had so much crap for him cuz he was so fun to shop for!

But then I remember how much crap I have and I’m like no I gotta get rid of this stuff somehow :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Hear that buyers??? Buy from Caitlyn! You might get a bunch of surprise stuff! :wink: LOL

12 Likes

Now this I do. I have really amazing repeat customers who buy over and over, plus send others my way. Best believe they get the mother of all box openings. :joy: Plus if someone is especially sweet or I just have too much of something, I send it. But I am well compensated for my dolls and can afford to. That wasn’t always the case. Back when they were only selling for $250-$275, I would have never been able to swing it. Back then my skills did not warrant a price increase.

And heck yeah. Buy from Caitlyn. She hoards worse than I do and has good taste! :rofl:

7 Likes

Seriously so much crap and I can’t stop :sob::sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

Hmmm, I observed opposite.
I watched several box opening from Reborns. com artists (some from Hungary - Vicki Kormos) and everyone sends a lot of BEAUTIFUL clothes and so well wrapped in several different papers.
@RebornsbyZebra also sent me more than I send with my babies.

5 Likes

It’s not like you stopped painting and your next baby will not need it.

3 Likes

I’m with lesser on the new marketing points. Easy pay kits and free shipping over 100. @bbsupport Hire @jlesser!!! You wont be sorry!
And that’s all I have to say about that- Forest Gump :joy:

7 Likes

Viki Kormos sells thousand dollar dolls. When you sell for that much and beyond, you can afford to do if you want. @RebornsbyZebra is your friend and a generous person in general. She will do it. My statement was more general and I was thinking of dolls at a lower price point when I said it.

7 Likes

Yes! @RebornsbyZebra is great! :heart: And even sends her french madeleine cookies :wink:
I am surprised customs didn’t eat them :wink:

10 Likes

Me too, I mean they ripped that box all up didnt they? :wink:

5 Likes