Here we go again!

I’ve done this a few times already but every time I start a new sculpt I have to wonder…I’m supposed to make this cute? :laughing:

I’d love to make a tutorial one day when I get good enough, but for now I’m still reteaching myself :joy:

25 Likes

YAY! Can’t wait to see who this new little one will become. :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks Kate!! Me either. I always have a clear picture in my head of what I want a particular baby to look like and it never comes out looking like what I had in mind…so it’ll be a surprise to me too! :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I think he is already adorable!!!

3 Likes

Lol! Maybe the abominable snowman had a kid?

4 Likes

Or the marshmallow men from ghostbusters!!!

5 Likes

Even better!!

2 Likes

Aww! I can’t wait to see this little cutie.

Sooooo cute!!!

2 Likes

Well if you guys think it’s cute I guess it’s done!!! It’s my new marshmallow baby sculpt guys!! Whatcha think?

3 Likes

Me too!!! :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

You are a very talented young lady! I want to say to you I have watched you for some time now and have been impressed with the maturity and decorum that you exhibit. Your conversation rivals that of many adults. I am very proud of your accomplishments as an artist!

6 Likes

Thank you so much, Angie! That means a lot!

2 Likes

That’s my girl! :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

nailed it

Here we are so far! I’m afraid it’s looking more like an old granny who lost all her teeth atm. :laughing:

9 Likes

You are really talented! It’s also really interesting to see the process. Hope you keep updating with pics. Out of curiosity, how time consuming is this? Like how long did you work to get from the first picture to the second?

Thanks! From the first pic to the one I just posted it took about an hour or two? I’m guessing this head will take me at least a week.

Then again, I just finished a little 8" full body baby and it took me six months because school got in the way lol…I’m a snail when it comes to sculpting!

1 Like

I watched a couple of videos of people sculpting dolls, but it took so long and looked so hard! I really thought I was going to be able to sculpt something cute enough to mold in silicone, but looking at that video made me realize that I don’t have the talent or the patience. :smile:

1 Like

You know, I’m a super impatient person too! I tried rooting once and just couldn’t do it.

For some reason sculpting is different for me though. I just zone out and muscle memory takes over I guess lol. Then my mom will call me to lunch or something and snap me out of it and I don’t even remember how I’ve gotten the clay face that’s right in front of me. :laughing:

Yup, I’ve officially branded myself as a crazy person.

3 Likes