Here he is... Lanny

Hey everyone,
Still waiting on the glue to dry in Lanny’s head, I’m hoping he will be ready in the morning as it’s my daughters birthday and she can’t wait too see him :grin: He is my first full baby I have reborned ( made one cuddle baby previously) and first time rooting ( wow it’s a process :sweat_smile:) he’s not perfect but I am over the moon with him. I use air dry paints but found he has faded already is this normal do all paints fade a little? I’m thinking I may invest in GHSP eventually. His body is assembled in the pictures and just put his head in place for the pictures. Thank you for looking and I appreciate any advice you all have to help me improve. :slightly_smiling_face: I plan to take better pictures when he is assembled

36 Likes

He’s cute!

2 Likes

He’s fantastic! I love everything about him-his skin tones, his eyebrows, his hair. I can’t believe he’s your first full baby and only your second to be done. What brand of paint did you use? Was it professional artist grade or craft acrylics? Did you seal him with a UV protective sealer?

2 Likes

:heart_eyes:he’s so cute!! Great job!

2 Likes

Aww thank you so much :grinning: I use special care nursery paints I didn’t want to spend a lot of money until I knew I was really going to get into reborning but I’m obsessed now haha so will be investing in some better paints soon. Do you recommend any? I sealed him with dura clear ultra matte varnish.

2 Likes

So sweet!

2 Likes

What a sweetie, beautiful skin tone and nice choice of eye color.
He certainly doesn’t look like a first or second, you’ve done really well. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@AnnieSokay come see :wink:

2 Likes

I use Liquitex Soft Body and Heavy Body paints. The only difference is the heavy body is thicker so more pigmented but since I dilute it anyway it really doesn’t matter. I mix my own colors. I like the results I get and that they don’t need a lot of mediums. I just put a tiny bit of Liquitex Ultra Matte Gel in the paints and add distilled water. That’s it. I use the Dura Clear Ultra Matte as my first seal because it is UV protective. I use a 2nd coat of Americana Soft Touch Varnish because I like the softness of it. Unfortunately it’s unavailable right now.
I prefer air dry paints because they’re faster. I start with the head, and by the time I put a layer on the last limb the head’s ready for the next layer. You don’t need a special oven, and there’s no worries about fumes or melting your kit. With GHSP you have to paint, flash off, bake and cool before you can apply the next layer. I’m too impatient for all that. I want to get done so I can put the baby together and dress it. Also, there’s a problem with the GHSP right now so you might want to wait on that. Some people have some difficulty transitioning from heat set to air dry because air dry is less forgiving but you’ve already got it down. Sealer can lighten the paint just a little so it may not be faded.

3 Likes

How did you manage to do such perfect eyebrows ?:flushed: It’s a beautiful baby !

Paint can fade a little bit after being completely cure, but it’s not supposed to be much.

3 Likes

IKR. How is that fair?

4 Likes

He is beautiful…cant believe he is only your 2nd baby!!!

2 Likes

My goodness he is adorable! @ShelbyLeigh His skin tone is beautiful.
@EmOh I have so many babies on my next list, this Lanny is inspirational!

2 Likes

He is so beautiful! I adore this sculpt :heart:

2 Likes

I think you’re a natural!

4 Likes

He is a love! :blush:

2 Likes

He’s precious – on the air dry paints, what brand did you use?

ETA: And, yes, how DID you get those eyebrows like that? Some have given you hints, so please share with us! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Gorgeous :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

He is amazing! And if he is your 2nd baby you will be a great reborn artist in no time! I bet your daughter will be over the moon with him! I would :wink: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Looking forward to seeing more of your babies in the future! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes