Heavy veins

I just wanted to share how heavy I put the powders on for veins. It’s one of my favorite parts because when I blend it in it’s a very satisfying result. Lol!

24 Likes

I Love this!! What powders? How do you apply them, if you don’t my asking.

1 Like

That looks really good!

1 Like

Not at all. I use Coastal Scents brand and the color is Cornflower Blue. This is the brush that I use. I really scrub it on and then rub like heck with a cosmetic wedge.

4 Likes

Wow that’s amazing! They look beautiful and nice and deep under the skin. It’s amazing how you are able to accomplish that :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Powders have been on my list to try. But I need to conquer nails and brows first before I attempt to add another frustrating experiment :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Looks very nice, however I have a question - will you see them after all layers are done?
I experimented with Costals and they doesn’t stay for me :frowning: I noticed that even after many bakes and settling with Gamsol they can even be ‘lifted’ even during varnishing. (I see color on the sponge).

2 Likes

I’ll have to give this a try on a practice kit. TY!

1 Like

For me, you have to Scrub them in and then wipe with a tissue to be sure the access is off.

1 Like

I haven’t had a problem with anything lifting except, sometimes, the creases. Especially where paint pools before blotting off like the inner ear. The blue veins definitely stay and I use a yellow for cartilage that stays. With blushing I just go real easy over top with paint, blot, and then bake. Many baked layers and varnish after that and they’re permanent.

2 Likes

Looks amazing!

1 Like

I also agree that it looks amazing! I looked up Costal Scents and was surprised to find out that it’s makeup. I didn’t know you could use make up on these dolls. That is cool!

4 Likes

Looks amazing! I love Coastal Scents but had to switch to soft pastels chalks because coastal scents burned my skin and made it crack and bleed.

3 Likes

Wow! Amazing veining! Thanks for sharing!

I’ve been wanting to try powders for creases, this might just be the push I need to order some!

Thank you! I’ll try it on veins.

I just got these today

4 Likes

These are good rated brand. The soft pastels I bought from Hobby Lobby work well for me so far. I bought them to try since they were 50% off. I have mixed colors and even layered one color over another with no issues so far.

2 Likes

I Have No idea on how to use them lol!

2 Likes

But they look so appealing! :heart_eyes:

Yall keep in mind pastels will be much richer in coloring than Coastal Scents which are makeup and do have other ingredients in them besides pigments. I use PanPastels and they grab the vinyl much more and stain much more.

1 Like