Has anyone seen this video?

16 Likes

Never seen that before. It was interesting. Of course I had to pause and look at all the details of the babies.

4 Likes

Love it.

4 Likes

This is great!!!:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️

3 Likes

I have a question was that a microwave she was cooking her baby in? lol

2 Likes

Ive seen the part about the lady going to America to get her baby.It was on tv a few years ago about hobbies.I felt so sorry for her her baby broken.How sad.
Thank you for putting it up.
Amanda i bet it was a wall oven maybe convection . but i could be wrong.Dont think microwaves would bake a doll

4 Likes

thank you for the video I love it but sad about the broken baby

2 Likes

Wow that is pretty neat! I still think spending that much on an outfit is kinda way out there though LOL

3 Likes

Yes I’ve seen it, it was very fascinating to me! And great advertising taking your babies out and about and handing out business cards.

3 Likes

To me it looked like a regular oven…

2 Likes

NO, I believe that microwave melts the vinyl in seconds. I never tested it though

I have to agree with you. I was looking at the baby’s coloring and details and thought that the reborner didn’t do a good job at all. I thought the white on the finger and toe nails looked especially horrible. I have a feeling that this poor lady paid a lot for Sophie plus the expense of flying hundreds of miles to DC to pick her up. I feel so bad for the disappointment she must have felt when she opened the box and carefully examined her baby. JMO I have to say though that I really did enjoy the video!!

3 Likes

I thought I seen it count down like a microwave and beep but maybe I’m wrong will need to re watch when I have more time haha.

OMG! I cannot believe the reborner would send a doll in such a state! Really, the new mum was extremely kind saying"minor imperfection" and “damaged in transit”. The head was disintegrating and would have totally crumbled in no time at all, the toes were an appalling job and there was white pooled in the ear. Wonder why would somebody fly from UK to Washington and have the doll posted to their hotel; why not go to the reborner’s place? Wonder who made Sophie

1 Like

I brought this lil’ elf into a craft store as I was shopping for the material for her outfit, and got quite a few reactions, but the one that made me laugh was hearing this lil girl say to her mom, “Mommy, that baby is weird looking. It has weird ears, too” ahahahaha

9 Likes

That was a great show, it is nice to see customers view points & reasons for wanting a reborn. Makes me happy to be an artist in this field .

2 Likes

I also noticed the poorly painted nail tips.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting it. I do wonder how much she paid the damaged doll. They let us know clothes prices but not the doll prices. As much as I hate to criticize another person’s work, I don’t find that was a baby worth flying across the world for, even if the head weren’t damaged. I feel awful saying that, but the quality didn’t seem to be there. I kind of hate that they showed this as an example of reborning as it doesn’t show the babies in their best light and brings up the question of unethical reborners.

I have an oven that counts down if you want (the one I use for food). and beeps when done or if desired temp is achieved. I think it’s a Samsung. Defective though: oven think the right temp has been achieved when it’s 150 cooler.

4 Likes

I wondered what caused those cracks in the head. Dropped? I don’t think so! I have dropped a head while working on it and apart from the OMG reaction it caused, it certainly didn’t crack or damage in any way. I think I would have had to jump on it with footy boots on to ‘injure’ it.
Interesting!
And yes that wasn’t the only problem with that reborn, as mentioned above.

Yeah, vinyl doesn’t rip open like that on its own. Maybe it was mauled by a pet dog or something, ripped before being attached to the body, I think. Porcelaine or other stiff substances can crack like that if dropped, not vinyl. Weird. I had the feeling that lady was caught in a scam.