Has anyone seen this video?

I did not like that doll at all. Very poorly done. And if the lady flew all the way to the states, why didn’t she just land by the artist and pick it up??? Weird.

2 Likes

Yes it was a little weird. I wondered that too

2 Likes

I guess the person making the film did not know what the baby will be like until they got to US and unpacked it. They were documenting the journey of people who were getting the dolls, and why they wanted the dolls. I have to say, these ladies had very lovely husbands supporting them even when they did not like the dolls. One of them even coming along shopping for the clothes; although he might have had an ulterior reason ; making sure she did not buy 1/2 of Harrods :smile:

Vinyl cracks like hat when it is faulty. I had couple of heads that did it while I was working on them they crumbled like Cheddar cheese, and somebody here recently had one too. Normal heads bounce like balls when dropped.

2 Likes

By the way does anybody know what sculpt was Sofie?

1 Like

It might have been a convection microwave. That’s what I use. On the bake setting, there are no microwaves used :smile:

2 Likes

This video has been out for several years now so some of the sculpts/reborning techniques shown are pretty old. They also don’t show just reborns. They showed a few OOAKS and a silicone but they don’t state that in the video.

I’m pretty sure Sophie is a Lorna Miller Sands OOAK. Looking at it right away I can tell it’s a Lorna baby but I’ve never seen a kit of hers like this one. The crack also resembles a polymer clay crack and would explain why it’s damaged in transit cause clay is so fragile. The hair looks applied, not rooted. And generally speaking older OOAKS like that aren’t painted as detailed as reborns today which would explain the lacking painting job.

3 Likes

You are such an amazing little chick!!! :kiss::kiss::kiss::heart:️:grinning:

1 Like

Haha thanks Nikki! You’re pretty amazing yourself. :slight_smile:

1 Like