Genesis Paint Not Curing

I think because put out dolls fairly quickly, that is why we are the first few to realize. Most people wouldn’t run out of paint as quickly.

1 Like

I just don’t know if anyone will believe it until the suppliers realize. But Facebook would be a good place to start.

2 Likes

That could be the case. I bought my 1 oz blue jar at the end of November and didn’t need it until now. Since I’m primary I probably go through my colours even faster because I’m only using three of them.

I’m having a hard time believing it myself. I’ve tested it so many times on three separate days because it is hard to believe.

1 Like

If it is the company in Indianapolis (my hometown) that still makes the Genesis paints, I believe they could not produce for quite awhile because they could not get some of the ingredients. There might be more than one manufacturing plant, but I am thinking a substitute that did not work in the formula may have been used to produce this paint. Or possibly they got an inferior ingredient and do not realize it. Some of the Youtube videos I saw were saying that China supplies the pigments and other ingredients to manufacturers. So even those who do not actually make the paint (or other art supply) in China have been impacted and something has changed leading to poor quality. This was not about Genesis, it was colored pencils but I think it could be something like this going on.

I don’t think I have any extra blue from an older batch, but I will check and if I do I am happy to send it for free so that you can keep painting. I’ll look this afternoon.

2 Likes

@MacPhersonCrafts - Btenda … please read this thread and check your new supplies…

3 Likes

I just ordered some large jars from Jerry’s, so I will see what the dates are on those when they come.

In the meantime, I’m going to post a heads-up about it on my FB pages.

1 Like

Here is the company contact info if you want to try and contact them. I have tons of paint and don’t paint often but this is a major problem and I hope they can get to the root of the issue and fix it.

3 Likes

Maybe not because I just found a “home” page for Australia and New Zealand.

3 Likes

Yeah, I looked for their contact page last night and could only find pages in Australia, the UK, and New Zealand. There used to be one in the US but I can no longer find it. A few years ago I stopped being able to find it. So, not sure if this means our US plant has closed. I know that Amaco makes the Genesis mediums, and I’m guessing they might also be the supplier for the mediums used to make the paints. They had been shut down for a while when COVID started and were slowly beginning to process again in late summer.

1 Like

I am reading this post for the first time
I am assuming that my girl on the Help Desk asked ShelleyMarie and Shelley may have thought it was a one off situation.
I will tell Shelley to test every single color to make sure it is not he color formula itself first.
What was the blue … Ultramarine or which one?? When we are done testing the colors we will then start on the mediums. We will make sure there is nothing going out moving forward that is not curing. I will also call AMACO to let them know we have an issue here.
Thank you for tagging me on this post or we may have not realized it was a problem across the board.
Was any of the above any particular medium or is there anything you can tell me so I can be as specific as possible with Genesis at AMACO? I WILL BE BACK!!!
hUgs Brenda XOXOOX

14 Likes

Here’s this, a long instruction document with the contact info

2 Likes

Brenda, thank you so much! Hopefully this will help get the ball rolling with the manufacturer(s), so that it can be nipped in the bud before it gets any worse. I’ve put a note on my doll page on Facebook for artists to be aware of the newer paint possibly not curing. It’s scary thinking that we Genesis artists could be without or wonderful paints in the future if this become a huge problem.

4 Likes

Of course we would replace it if it is bad paint!!
what is the color “Ethnic Brow”…we do not have a color with that name??
Sounds like it may be a premixed color but it is not one of ours…
But if you want we can arrange a pick up as I will most likely need to send any bad paint back to Genesis to also get replaced.
If you can test your batch and let me know what needs replacing from your past orders (included the order number if possible) we will send it to you and then arrange a pick up to bring back the bad stuff.
hUgs B

4 Likes

my gosh of course!!!
we will make sure nothing forward is going out untested
we have the advantage of Shelley Marie being here tomorrow so I will give her a heads up she has to spend the day testing paints and mediums
We will note anything that we find and come back here to let you all know.
hugs B

9 Likes

Thank you, Brenda! Amanda (@quiltsabunch) is a very talented artist and has been having a rough time lately; I know having paints that work will be a huge relief to her and being able to paint is a stress reliever.

4 Likes

Thank you, Brenda! It makes me happy to know someone is looking into this! My paints were not from you, but my bad batches have been specifically Pyrolle Red 02 and Q Magenta 02 from two other distributors. Amanda’s blue was,I believe, ultramarine blue.

6 Likes

You are awesome! :heartpulse:

1 Like

I do not have any of the bad batches of paint, but thank you so much! I appreciate that you are working hard to figure this out for us.

4 Likes

Yes the paint that came from MacPherson that is not curing is the ultramarine blue. Thank you for looking into this. I haven’t been able to paint since I opened the jar and discovered that it wasn’t curing. I will be placing an order later tonight or tomorrow. I’m relieved that the paint I will receive this time will be tested before sent out as I was worried that I would order again and receive the same batch of paint.

2 Likes