Funny not so funny!

3 Likes

Sorry my second picture and last picture swapped places.

That happens a lot, what can we do?

@AnnieSokay I put a sign in my car saying that its just a doll and not a real baby. In also put it in my care instructions as a warning to those who buy dolls from me.

3 Likes

My sister ended up doing that after two close calls I would say do that or be sure not to leave baby unattended in the car

It is not so good to leave them in the car anyway. I like taking the baby in so it can be an advertisement. Went in Harbor Freight today seeing if they have glass beads and took in a baby. She was held by the guy that helped me and the cashier. They even called up from the back an off the clock cashier to look at her. I passed out 3 cards in a not busy store.

4 Likes

Yeah I took Ana out today lots of stares and some strolling back and forth trying to decide if she was real or not also had a couple oohing and awing over her :smile:asking how much I would sell her for.
That went south real fast lol I told them I would take $200 for her since I had not been planning on selling her turns out they are the variety that see them as dolls for play :slight_smile:

1 Like

Before I was asked for a price I had already told her (after she took a picture for her daughter) that they were collectibles and not meant to be played with by small children so when I told her that I needed 500 because each hair had been placed one at a time in her head, she wasn’t shocked and still wanted my card. Crossing my fingers that somehow I will figure out a way to sell these babies and get what I feel they are worth.

3 Likes

I made a window cling before that says “reborn on board…pleaae do not break glass”.

4 Likes

I knew she wouldn’t take her when I told her lol just thought it would be good practice when I was ready to get serious :smile: I am not so much trying to sell right now just showing them and getting use to the contact.

1 Like

That is assuming that people know what reborn is. Simple, just do not leave them in cars in clear view. Its a doll, put in box or bag, or just cover it such a way that it in no way looks like a baby. In any case I would never leave anything valuable in my car. Somebody knowing it’s a reborn doll may break in and take the doll.

Anybody who causes emergency personnel to waste their time rescuing dolls should be fined. There may be some real emergency that gets 2nd priority over baby, and the result might be tragic.

9 Likes

But that was the problem, it could have been a real baby and there was no way to tell without getting it out of the hot car! However, it’s hard to believe they didn’t realize it was a doll once it was out. If they didn’t call the paramedics until the baby was out of the car, I agree. Don’t waste their time there are real emergencies out there and saving a reborn is not one of them. Anyone who takes a doll out with them and plans to leave it in the car needs to take a blanket big enough to cover it and the car seat, or maybe even put the reborn in the trunk!

5 Likes

I never leave my babies in the car for this reason. I have, however, gotten some worried looks when I put one in the trunk.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t leave one in the heat doll or baby.

3 Likes

So he started cpr and didn’t feel that the body felt different? He didn’t feel something different when he picked the doll up?
He started the breaths and didn’t notice the head was hard?
As realistic as we can make them, the cloth bodies and the hard limbs do not feel like a real baby does.
Kind of odd, really.

4 Likes

I’m sure that when you are a first responder you kick into automatic mode, and the adrenaline is pumping, especially if you are trying to save a baby so it probably took a little longer for him to notice…

2 Likes

Can relate to that :smile: I didn’t do it however my sister almost gave her lawn boy a heart attack taking hers out of the trunk lol .

3 Likes

It was a full body silicone if I remember right they just used a different photo for the cover story.

1 Like

Or put a blanket over the top of the doll–don’t keep in the car seat.

2 Likes

Ah, that makes more sense. I thought it was the doll in the picture.

1 Like