Funny not so funny!

My question is, why are they in car seats? I guess people go further than others with reborns. If i take mine anywhere- which is only to show someone, i would wrap it up in a blanket and stick in a carrying bag. I would feel really silly with a reborn in a baby seat. Even then i would never leave it within view for something like this to happen. Hoping not to offend anyone, I just don’t treat mine in that way.

People shouldn’t leave them in full view like that. You’re just asking for trouble. The doll must have been really well painted and realistically weighted for the paramedic to think it was a real baby. Poor guy, I bet he felt really stupid after doing CPR on a doll and probably angry too. I know I would be. A waste of the emergency workers time.

They might be worried about being pulled over for not having a “child” in a proper car seat. That being said, they should also worry about someone calling the police for leaving a “child” unattended in a car.

3 Likes

It was noted that they thought the baby looked pale, so not that well painted then, haha.

1 Like

My daughter uses a car seat for her reborns. I have too many teens and grandkids in the car to fit a car seat without a human hiney in it.

The car seat and other baby effects lends itself to presenting the reborn in a real effect that many people are looking to achieve .
Even the well turned out reborn wouldn’t look quite as real just laying flat on it’s back in a cart or in a bag concealed and it is much more fun to see if your work passes the test of is it real or not .
I have had that test and passed twice over this week just carried mine in my arms over the past couple of days all though I do own a car seat I find them cumbersome to carry.
PS it was very fun to amaze so many people at once :smile:

1 Like

My daughter has one of those Joovy doll car seats that looks just like the real thing. She takes it everywhere we go, with a doll in it. I have drilled it into her head that she’s not allowed to leave a baby in the car, and if she does, she has to put in on the floor and cover it completely with a blanket lol I think I’ve made her so paranoid that she won’t even leave an 8 inch store bought doll uncovered in the car!

2 Likes

I was taking a reborn (swaddled in a blanket and laying on the passenger seat) to a customer once and stopped at a drive thru for something to drink on the way. The cashier started in on me as soon as she saw a baby not riding in a carseat and I got an earful before I was able to show her it wasn’t an actual live mini human! I wish I’d had a carseat that day! LOL

2 Likes

Some collectors want to treat them as if they are real. Including the car seats and everything.
For example, the people role playing on YouTube. They create morning and evening routines for their dolls, take them out, feed them…

2 Likes