First baby lost in mail!

Yes, fully insured with sig confirmation…mom is devastated.
it’s lost in LA

1 Like

Wow ! that’s not fun a first sale and it gets lost so sorry for the bad luck hopefully it gets found .

1 Like

I’m in constant contact with her…I’m devastated along with her. Terrible…I feel So badly.

1 Like

lost or delayed?

Some of mine have not updated for days before… then go about their way and end up getting there

3 Likes

Hoping for delayed

I sold a kit that was lost for awhile, but eventually was delivered. What had happened was one of the employees read a number wrong. eventually through tracking it was found.

1 Like

The postal hub in LA is known for lost or misplaced items (that eventually turn up). It’s even know as the “black hole”. Hopefully yours will be just one of the ones that was misplaced and turns up eventually, so don’t give up hope yet.

2 Likes

Oh no! I’m so sorry! I hope she will turn up!!! I’ve had this happen and baby turned up a week later! Fingers crossed

1 Like

Oh no !! Maybe it will get to her new mama soon!!

1 Like

Oh no!! The black hole? :grimacing::scream:

Most probably will turn up. All it takes is to be thrown into a wrong bin, and it goes to who knows where. I once had a parcel missing; it was sent to me from suburb about 20km from here, and it turned up 4 weeks later with lovely stamp saying OSAKA on it!!!. Obviously, it got sorted in with parcel going to Japan, when it arrived there, they stamped it and sent back to Australia.

Your baby is somewhere and as soon as the postal workers there realize it is not where it should be, they will send it on.

1 Like

It will turn up.USPS ? They have sent many of my babies the long scenic route to their new homes. 2 day shipping turns into 7 or 8 days or even more.

2 Likes

Yep, sometimes the storks take the long way but they still get to the baby’s destination eventually. Don’t give up yet, it may take a while but it will probably land in the right place sometime soon.
I’ve had guaranteed overnight deliveries take 4 days to arrive, and I had one small package (not a reborn) appear back on my doorstep a couple of months after I’d mailed it. I’d given up all hope of it ever getting where it was supposed to be heading and thought it was lost forever, but there it was and not damaged in the least. I mailed it to the same address again and it arrived 2 days later. Go figure!
The vast majority of the boxes I send out arrive safely when the PO estimates they will, but I guess when you think of how many parcels USPS ships every day we are lucky they ever arrive at all!
Hang in there!

2 Likes

It’s upsetting when any package gets lost but, overall, I think USPS does an incredible job of getting the multi millions of packages where they’re supposed to go. You can’t even read the writing on some and they still get there. Hopefully, yours will, too.

3 Likes

Do you know where in LA it is? It still may get to you just slow.

Well it was finally delivered to a very happy momma!! BUT now another one has tried to be delivered today, no one was there to sign for her. They have two weeks to reschedule or pick it up or it’s sent back to me. I’ve tried to reach out to them but nothing. Now what, do I refund them?

Is Any of this worth it??

Do not refund them.

The carrier will leave a note saying they need to pick it up the following mail day or they can have them redeliver on a different day.

It normally just rides back to the post office and waits for the customer to go get then next day. But where they are closed tomorrow the customer would need to go Monday.

2 Likes

But if it comes back here I will have to refund them :frowning: maybe they don’t want her anymore and this is why. I dont know. But I can’t reach them

It hasnt even been a day. Maybe they were at work. I would assume it will all work out fine.

2 Likes

It’s not at all weird for no one to be home to pick up the package - if you have to work during the day, you have to pick up your packages from the post office, that’s not abnormal at all. Don’t refund someone until you have the product back in your hands, ever! But it’s very normal to not be home to receive a package. You can’t just take a day off work because you have an item coming. :slight_smile:

2 Likes