Finished Darren, need pricing advice

I just finished Darren and I don’t know what to price him at. Any advice or critiques are welcome. Be honest, I won’t be offended I promise. :slightly_smiling_face: Thanks!

11 Likes

He’s a cutie and nicely painted.
I’d say maybe $200-250 because he’s bald?

3 Likes

Adorable how about $350

2 Likes

I think he’s my 4th or 5th doll. I’ve sold my others for $160-175 but I’m not sure if I should ask more or if I’m not there yet quality wise.

I think I’d die if someone paid $350 for him. :joy:. With my other dolls I did nice box openings with extra outfits blankets and toys etc. I’m feeling like I might be too low but I’m not sure. I want to be realistic with pricing.

1 Like

Oh well I thought he was worth it he is adorable!! :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you that’s very sweet.

I just added some wet look gloss to him.
I scraped his nose creases and had trouble building the color back to match. Overall I think he’s cute and I had fun trying new stuff like the eyelid capillaries.

6 Likes

I think you could definitely sell for more than your past babies. I definitely think $225 is a great price for him!

1 Like

Take the price of your kit (full price, not sale price) and the body, and multiply by 2 then add in the price of the things you are shipping home with him and, of course, shipping.
This is the way my husband is going to price my dolls from now on because I price too low.

2 Likes

He is beautifully painted. I’d say right around $300 since he is bald. If you start too high you might outprice yourself once you get to making babies with painted and rooted hair. Then again, it all depends on the market and what people are willing to pay.

1 Like

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it!

He’s beautiful! I would say $195 plus shipping :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I don’t have the price advise as reborn market does not make much sense to me. But I wanted to say that you did a great job on him. I personally love that flawless natural style without allergic chicks, painful scratches, tied-up/inflamed creaces, etc. I think your painting represent how real babies looks. I know that you removed the paint and repainted creases around his nose and I think it looks very good in pictures to price him more than your other dolls, but only you can tell how it looks in person.
I would go to Reborns and do a search on Darren to see for how much other bald Darrens sold (or others bald BB asleep sculpts). But again, pricing makes no sense to me as I see beautifully painted rooted babies ‘hanging’ on Reborns for $225 forever, but not so well done dolls with higher price sells.
Do at least what @RebornsbyZebra said (x2), but include everything in your calculation. You can always lower the price later. As a new artist myself I am happy when I get around x 2.

6 Likes

Thank you! His nose creasing/coloring looks fine in person but I’m very critical of myself and I wanted it to match perfectly.
I disliked scratches and pimples on my own babies skin so I’m just not a fan of it personally on dolls. Lol. The amazing dolls people share on this site inspires me so much. I love learning new techniques and trying to figure out how to improve. Now I kind of want to keep him even though I don’t have the room. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

He is perfection.

1 Like

My Darren for my daughter in law. I keep trying to perfect my technique. He will have rooted hair. Trying to perfect my rooting. My lighting isn’t the best.

4 Likes

I was looking forward to try rooting but once I did it I found out quickly I don’t enjoy it and can only root for a few minutes at a time because I just hate it. Lol. Your Darren is adorable. I didn’t love the kit when I first got it but finished I think he is so cute and he looks so real.

I think your Darren is so sweet. I didn’t like the kit at first but he is so cute. I like the kit now.

Yeah, it’s amazing the difference before and after painting makes. I think the asleep with open mouth sculpt looks really real too.

1 Like