Finger fell off!?

Hi! I just got a message from someone who purchased one of my Christmas preemie Kaelins back in November. She just told me the baby’s finger “fell off” and that she thinks something was wrong with the finger to make it fall off. She said she just moved the doll and it fell off. Is there anything that can cause a finger to just fall off of a Kaelin kit? I’m totally puzzled. I told her I could replace the arm if she sent it back to me. She hasn’t responded and hasn’t sent me a pic of the finger so I have no explanation for it. Any suggestions on what could have caused it or do you think it was something she did with the doll?

2 Likes

Sounds like buyer’s remorse. Vinyl fingers don’t just snap off??

6 Likes

What the heck??

3 Likes

Dog or child chewed it off.
Fingers don’t just fall off

6 Likes

I’d say there’s more to that story! I don’t trust it at all.

6 Likes

I wonder if the reborn was laying on something sharp? Weird I know… but who knows?
I agree they dont just snap off… even my kit that is brittle at the flange area isnt on the fingers…

I’d have to call BS on that one. Fingers don’t just fall off. That could only happen carelessness and/or misuse. It is NOT your responsibility.

4 Likes

Fingers don’t just “fall off” of vinyl dolls :-/ Id say theres more to that story! This is not your fault or responsibility… youre being incredibly nice by offering to replace the arm for her!

1 Like

Um… When I’m painting the hands and finger… I bend the finger all over the place… Backwards even… And they never ever weaken, leave a mark… And definitely not fall off! They are very flexible. I assume she’s either lying or caused damage to the finger.

2 Likes

Thanks Ladies! I think she gave it to her young daughter so who knows what happened. I thought it was weird. I had never heard of it happening to anyone before…I have made hundreds of reborns and she is the first to make such a claim…lol…I doubt she will send it back to me. It probably got chewed off and it would be obvious by looking at it if that is what happened. She hasn’t even sent me a pic. I told her maybe she could super glue it back on. If it snapped off clean like she is saying, it should be able to be glued back on right?..lol

1 Like

Or maybe it got chewed off😂

2 Likes

I agree!

Fingers don’t just fall off.She is full of it.Wonder if her animal or kid bit that finger off?

3 Likes

Maybe she has heard of fingers “falling off” of silicone babies so she thought she would use that excuse for dolly abuse and it wouldn’t be questioned!!

6 Likes

That’s a thought!

Ask for a photo, and point out to her that as you were painting the hand if there was something wrong it would have fallen off then.

1 Like

That ladies tongue may fall off from telling lies.lol

7 Likes

Yes…I had to refund one of my babies.People are crazy

Cut off, chewed off, dunked in liquid nitrogen then banged on the counter, other such basic forms of misuse, but there is no way it just “fell off.”

3 Likes

Did she mention anything about the glass beads coming out. I would assume with a missing finger it would be losing its weighting in the whole arm. Sounds fishy…

7 Likes