Favorite color of eyeco poly glass eyes?

Is there a color that you love the most?

3 Likes

For me the weirder the better. My favorite has been the eyes that I got from @DM-HStudio Her albino eyes are amazing, lol. I used them in my Albino Unicorn Baby.

3 Likes

Cornflower blue is definitely a favorite. Such a pretty blue color! :two_hearts: I am planning WAY too soon however I will be using them on realborn Sage and possibly 3yr June.

3 Likes

Oops I see that you were asking about Eyco, my bad. I’ll go check and come back with a better answer, lol.

2 Likes

I have some in my stash mostly in blues and browns. Let me know if you want pictures and I’ll try my best to get them looking right

2 Likes

I can look at the ones I purchased as well, I know the ones @Katinafleming loves are beautiful chuck hazel

3 Likes

I like the chuck hazel and also the Dark oriental brown (that is what it was called- I think the name may have changed). That is what I used in my Sue Sue.

4 Likes

I do love me some Chuck Hazel. :wink:
Chuck hazel was my favorite way back when I did reborn Berenguers. Here is one of my Berenguers with CH eyes
And here are some of my new style Reborns with CH

I love how they seem to change color. Looking at the babies together in a collage, you would never guess they all have the exact same color of eyes. Skin tone changes them, so does lighting.

4 Likes

I love all the blues, esp. Cornflower; Chuck Hazel is gorgeous too! Adrie Stoete’s glass eyes are also amazing, not sure if they’re sold by anyone in the U.S. I always order at least a half dozen when I order a kit from her but I can’t order them alone, shipping from Holland is really high. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I love chuck hazel too!!!

4 Likes

Baby blue is my favorite.

6 Likes

So are Eyeco poly glass eyes considered the highest quality? How much are they typically for a pair? I have a Lavendar Awake doll and so far I’m not sure what eyes I should invest in for the best look!

2 Likes

Some of them even look blue

2 Likes

Yes! Some lighting makes them look blue and some lighting makes them look brown or gray. They really are chameleons

2 Likes

Champagne, the ones on sale.

EyeCoChampagne

2 Likes

Mmmmmmm now I want champagne!!! :champagne:

2 Likes

The polyglass eyes are actually plastic eyes, but they are pretty good quality and many of them are pretty realistic looking

4 Likes

Interesting. I was under the assumption that plastic actually reacts badly with Genesis Heat Set Paints! Does this cause any issues?

I read this on dollsbysandie.com
“Do not use plastic palettes as they will react with Genesis paints and melt.”

1 Like

I don’t know anything about that- maybe a genesis person can answer that question, but I know a lot of Genesis artists that use these eyes without issue

1 Like

I put the eyes in after the ghsp is baked and cured. Maybe that’s the difference? I know not to use a plastic paint tray … but have never heard of there being an issue with the eyes. Perhaps they are a coated with a protectant?
I hope someone knows the answer!
Another great question @Rachel_Rose !

3 Likes