Face ups?

My condolences, dear @AnnieSokay :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I really love this ladies work :heart:

Most of her social media downs seem active or current, but her instagram shows lots of pics still
https://www.instagram.com/poppenatelier/

4 Likes

No wonder your so great at reborning right off the bat @Cyn :heart_eyes: Is there anything you can’t do? These are absolutely amazing!

3 Likes

Thank you! @YelenaRey :hugs:

2 Likes

I love to watch Poppen Atelier too!

2 Likes

Aw thank you so much my dear @Emma, I think that painting other dolls helped me a lot, being a makeup artist helped me to handle the color theory that I see is something really important in reborning, anyway I had to learn to paint with genesis and to understand the oven​:sweat_smile:, I hope to do better in my next babies :crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes

I haven’t tried the Barbie type dolls- but I know American girl holds up with heat set! I’d personally give it a go with a cheap thrift store doll. Best of luck! Face-ups are awesome! Some of the ones in the replies are mind blowing! I just acquired my first Blythe, and will hopefully get around to attempting her one day.

2 Likes

I just found her, and I love her, she has such an unusual voice, I love it. She is so talented! I am totally going to binge her at 3am when I can’t sleep (Instead of worrying like I usually do).

2 Likes

Okay, you wonderful artists of another ilk, fantastic and highly regarded work! Guess you aren’t coffee drinkers to have such steady hands! Throwing this out, MacPherson’s has Corteria and Zelda, marketed as BJD (they really aren’t, but have a hard vinyl and can’t be rooted unless you find it a challenge, like needle poking a brick)… the kits are still only $99.00 and they would be a super outlet for your genius selves! I think Corteria is still backordered, but Zelda is in stock. They are the work of Elisabeth Lindner, a Gotz doll artist. I made Corteria and have two Zelda’s on hand. They fit in Himstedt 33 to 36" clothing or some 24 months/ 2T stuff. The off the rack clothing might require a nip and tuck, but no major alterations. PLEASE let me have my jaw drop for more than a bite of food! :grin:

1 Like

These are lovely! Do you know who did them or are you the artist?

2 Likes

Oh gosh, in my dreams!!! They’re by Noel Cruz. I’m a huge fan of his work.

1 Like

I loved the 36 in doll, I just painted it for Macpherson, I did some modifications. She was so nice to paint and costuming was a whole lot of fun.

17 Likes

What a beauty!

WOW Gina!!! Those ears are wonderful!!! Where will there be more pictures to see of her? I love this type of kit and hope they continue in this vein but incorporate real BJD joints.

1 Like

Superb yet again, I love her!!! @Gabriell

1 Like

I will be doing a real photoshoot next week I hope. I have just been so busy. Macphersons has some fun stuff to play with.

2 Likes

She is fantastic Gina!

2 Likes

She is gorgeous!

She is amazing!! Beautiful :heart_eyes::heart:

I do faceup but am not good at it as of now. Lol

But I will say. Dont use heat set. I experimented with them and the dolls collapse under even low temps. Even stuffing the heads and bodies didn’t prevent it.
I use pastels and acrylics.

3 Likes