Doll signing

When I sell an art doll that I have created I sign and stamp it. I am not the sculpture of the reborn doll but do I still sign the body? Is it expected?

1 Like

I ask the adopter what they would like.

I don’t sign, but I like @JillianJade idea!

I normally don’t sign the body. However, I’m thinking about doing a symbol near the neck flange or a symbol somewhere on the body that’s not super visible.

Thanks. I was wondering and didn’t want to ruin a doll or make a mistake and not sign.

:wink:

I always sign the body! Madame Alexander told me a very long time ago that artists should sign their work…so I do. :smiley:

3 Likes

I sign and date the body on mine, and I also sign and date the bottom of the neck flange…doesn’t show, but it makes me feel better knowing my work is signed.

3 Likes

For those that sign the body, do you ever get complaints about it? @2layz @AmyR777

2 Likes

Not one complaint. In fact, one buyer contacted me before I shipped to make sure I had signed it. Does anyone complain that Picasso signed his work? Not that I’m that caliber, but it is my work. I also sign the neck and limb flanges.

3 Likes

I don’t sign but I do embroider my logo on the right tushy cheek of the body.

7 Likes

Nice touch!

Nice!

I’ve never had a complaint. I always signed my drawings and paintings, and this is no different to me. Signing the flanges is just as important to me because it’s proof of who did the work.

3 Likes

I sign & number mine behind the right ear

2 Likes

Your so awesome Carmen!!! :heart_eyes::kiss::heart:

@2layz @AmyR777 Thank you! I will have to start doing that!! Do you use a special symbol, your initials, or a full signature?

1 Like

I just use the date and my entire signature. My customers don’t even know the ones on the flanges are there, but I do. I think there are people who add a special mark to each of their babies too, or maybe instead of signing. Whatever you are comfortable with works I think.

3 Likes

Oh okay! I will have to try it. Thank you again for the help!

1 Like

Same here. :slight_smile:

It never occurred to me to sign my babies. I do always mention the Kit’s sculptor in my listings. I feel they should get mentioned since they did the hardest work. I just enhanced their masterpiece.

3 Likes