Doll signing

What are you signing them with? Paint?

Good question. I have no idea. Maybe prisma color pencils?

I just ordered some labels. I donā€™t feel comfortable signing a collaborative effort yet, maybe when I get a little better. I am thinking of just hot gluing them to the tush.

I use a very fine tip permanent Sharpie. Seems to work fine.

Yep, fine-tip sharpie.

What do you put behind the ear? Like u actually sign your name and put a number on the vinyl behind the ear?

1 Like

Yes. Iā€™ve learned to sign my name REALLY tiny. And I use the ultra fine tip Sharpie.

1 Like

@heartstringsnursery
Hi Bette,
When you say number, which number are you talking about? The date? Or are you talking LTD ED or your own numbering system? Thanks!

The sculptor usually has a name or initials on it. And reborns would just be regular dolls without our work. Not diminishing a sculptors work, but the rooting, painting, body, weighting and stuffing are a large part of it, too.

2 Likes

I have my own numbering system so it is my number. I also send a COA from my nursery with the same number. If it is a LE baby, they also get the sculptorā€™s COA, but that is not the number on the doll. The reason I sign the actual vinyl is because the body can easily be swapped out but itā€™s impossible to remove Sharpie from the vinyl. Youā€™re right, the sculptorā€™s name or initial is usually stamped into the vinyl, but the work is ours.

1 Like