Does Meadow’s hand look weird to you?

I just ordered a Meadow kit from @MacPhersonCrafts and i noticed that her fist looks odd? I found a comment about it on Sue Ellens group on Facebook. The painted hand is not my photo (borrowed from a finished Meadow on FB), the blank ones are my pictures of my kit. Does it look odd to you? The space between the thumb and the palm appears less deep to me, like a piece of excess vinyl or something. What should I do?
Thank you guys so much :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That looks very different to me.

4 Likes

Interesting…it looks different to me also. Underneath the wrist looks different too?

2 Likes

There seems to be extra vinyl at the top of the wrist/bottom of the palm that isn’t in the prototype pic also. Very weird!

2 Likes

It’s very different. It looks like there’s vinyl missing between the thumb and index finger, almost as if the vinyl didn’t pour evenly. It looks smaller overall to me, too.

2 Likes

I see the same thing

3 Likes

Yes very different. Looks like a portion of the hand that joins with the index finger is missing and there is excess vinyl.

2 Likes

It looks gross. How do you paint that? It doesn’t have detail or anything, it’s just there.

4 Likes

I can’t see how that could be shaded to look right. Rather than a finger and thumb coming together, it looks like a big gap that shouldn’t even be there.

3 Likes

I think I might try cutting out the extra vinyl just a tiny bit. But I am a very adventurous reborner. LOL

3 Likes

Thank you all for your confirmations! Do you think i would be able to get a replacement arm from macs?

2 Likes

Probably, if they aren’t all like that. I’d send them these photos so they can see what the issues are before you send it back and find out they’re all like that.

4 Likes

This went on with Alexis Brace’s hand. All of her kits have a lump inside one hand

1 Like

@pia, @cherielynn09, @Claire were your Meadow’s hands like this?

1 Like

No, mine is normal.

6 Likes

Mine looked pretty normal, but the thumb on the other hand is too short.

Short thumb…

Another picture of the closed hand

4 Likes

Mine looked OK. What bothered me was the leg that was bent all the way to the thigh with no gap. I just think it looked a little funky.

2 Likes

I thought that thumb looked short on the other hand too Pia

3 Likes

I went back and looked…and you know what?? I didn’t take one closeup of that hand…I DO know that I think it looked weird…maybe that’s why I didn’t focus on it in any of the photos…even the closeups…I only did a closeup of the other hand… :crazy_face:

3 Likes

All the others look different. Maybe you can get a replacement? It is just too big of a random space to be able to hide, I think. It would just be weird. If you put skin tone on it it would just look like it does now. Yeesh.

2 Likes