Does anyone have a sculpt they just DO NOT LIKE?

Sorry so large… lol. Must have been due to the pound sign…

2 Likes

Lololol I like Tomas with the shifty eyes!

2 Likes

Yeah, I have a bunch that I will never paint. I know that sounds terrible, but it’s just a preference. I’m not a huge fan of Tasha Edenholm’s kits. I’m also not a huge fan of some of LLE’s kits. Some of their expressions look like they’re leaving a present in their diapers for you. I mean, the details she puts into the kits she makes is amazing. I just don’t think I would paint any.

4 Likes

Lol, they look too small to me. But like I said I am sure someone will make him cute. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I made a like list from one of the posts before, now I have a dislike. Surprisingly, some are on both lists. I like Tomas, too.

1 Like

I personally think a lot of Bountiful Baby’s kits are cuter and way less money. :slight_smile: I go on the other sites and can’t see why some people would pay over $100 for some of them… lol

5 Likes

I totally agree. I don’t know why, but leah and lane are two of the cutest kits I’ve ever seen, I’m absolutely smitten with those two. When compared to other kits; BB & non BB, with much more detail and expression, there’s really nothing special about them, but for some reason out of all the other kits I love they are my favorites (Right behind the elusive Lola the chimp @izzy )

2 Likes

Yes…all those kits you just mentioned are on my dislike list too! :laughing:

1 Like

I think it may be my personal preference cause none of my babies had the chubby squishy newborn look. LOL

1 Like

I like Jarome’s expression myself. I don’t think he looks too constipated. I do like LLE’s attention to detail, but I can go without painting any of hers for awhile.
I"m sure you don’t need all the supplies included, but here’s an eBay listing for Jarome with the complete reborn starter kit:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JaRoMe-CoMpLeTe-DoLL-KiT-By-MaRiSsA-MaY-/160877508105?hash=item25750bf609:m:mHsqn3kqjMQEbrsU-3EsC2g
I just noticed as I was reading that at the top of the auction description it says “Fei Yen head included” so I would just send the eBay user a message before purchase. Hope this helps you out!

2 Likes

Amen

1 Like

Yes, I must say… I love little tanner!

2 Likes

Oh you’re tanner is adorable. I’m eager to paint mine, but put him off until I feel confident enough to tackle all those creases and wrinkles. He’s so cute.

2 Likes

Ahahahaha that made me laugh :joy:

2 Likes

Hmmmmmm, there are some real little ‘critters’ out there…lol Of the BB kits I never liked Josie, Tanner, Irelyn, Quinton, - Paige and Joey are question marks too though I have reborn both of them in the past. :anguished:

I don’t like Polly either but I just bought her on a $55 kit sale just to see what I can do with her…I figure most likely that she will end up in my personal collection cause I doubt she will sell…lol :scream: (Fortunately, I’ve been collecting dolls for over 30 years now and do like the ones with some individual personality -even if they are a bit ugly - they tend grow on you over time…lol)

I did Hattie and also Zenya and those 2 I just couldn’t develop any sort of like for … :disappointed:

2 Likes

@westernstarr
If you don’t mind me asking, where did you find Polly for $55.00

Hi Starr. I bought a Zenya kit from Tiny Tots @ sale time before I read your previous post re his nose then had a mini melt down 'cause I thought ‘well that’s great , now I’m stuck with him’. But when the kit arrived I actually like him a lot, even have plans to make him a darker skinned bub in keeping with the Torres Strait Island people. I think he will be perfect for the job. So there ya go ‘different strokes for different folks’.

1 Like

Tiny Tots in Australia had a Christmas sale and I got her there…she is sold out now though…I tend to buy ones I don’t particularly like if they go on sale because they are a ‘challenge’ for me… :smile:

3 Likes

I don’t mind Polly. A lot of ‘real’ newborns have that scrunched up little face and a lot of newborns don’t look ‘pretty’ straight out of …shall we say…their baby cave. I didn’t see her on the sale items …I reckon she sold out first…IDK…just wasn’t there when I looked.

1 Like

Heehee…I know …that is what is so wonderful about being reborn artist and about being mothers too otherwise there would be lots of little orphans in the world…lol Zenya sort of grew on me as I reborn the little chap but i never fell in love with the sculpt…Like Izzy mentioned too, he does sort of have T-Rex limbs…arms are a bit too small and legs a bit to large…just sort of goes together a bit out of proportion …but there are ladies out there that love him…someone bought mine and loves him…lol

5 Likes