Do you?

take or have you taken your dolls out in public? I have done this once. I took my keeper Quinlyn to a small grocery store. I felt so silly but really thought it could be considered advertising in a way. My son said because she looked so real he didn’t mind carrying her while I pushed the cart lol One man smiled and commented “you have a brand new little one.” But I was not expecting the comment and didn’t even have time to say it was a doll lol
I would take my dolls out if I wasn’t feeling self conscious about it. Maybe if my kids keep offering to hold them it won’t be so awkward for me :joy:

8 Likes

A lot of ladies used to take their dolls out for that very reason, advertising. I have NEVER done it, makes me feel weird even thinking about it. If you’re ok with it, then it’s fine.

2 Likes

I haven’t taken any out. Except for carrying ladybug to the airport. I had her in a body carrier. When I took her out n laid her on the security belt, people was looking like I was crazy. I said it’s a doll. I would carry some business cards with you. So when someone notice the baby, you can give them a card.

3 Likes

I have always wanted to, but I never have. I’m too nervous haha. I think people’s reactions would be so fun, but I’m scared for the few people that can be mean and hurtful.

3 Likes

I do. Most people have no idea it’s a doll. I can usually go out without anyone saying anything besides “Oh cute little one!” Or “oh that’s a tiny baby!!” If you don’t feel like having a conversation it’s easy to just smile and move on. I have had people ask “how old” and depending on my mood I’ll either make up an answer or say it’s a doll. Some people are very interested and want to see closer and all that. I’ve never had a bad interaction.

16 Likes

I had a doll with me one day, took it into daycare when I was dropping my daughter off. Running late, I lightly tossed it in my truck and took off. I heard later that parents ran in there as I was leaving, concerned and wanting to know if they should call the police. :rofl:

6 Likes

@RosieCait is never alone on her Target runs. Hi, Peter! :smile:

4 Likes

Oh wait here’s my favorite doll outing :joy::joy::joy: I was only this brave this day cuz it was while we were in Wichita for KDS last year and I was with a bunch of my doll besties :joy: I don’t normally drink with my dolls.

12 Likes

I lied I had one bad interaction. I was driving across country from one assignment to the next and got pulled over by a cop.

For this in the front seat of my truck.

17 Likes

:joy::joy:

1 Like

I do from time to time, for advertisement. I have sold two this way. Sometimes, like dentist or craft store, when someone ask me what I do and are curious to see. Or to buy clothes that I don’t know if they will fit. I am a shy person but I enjoy the conversation and amazement about them.
Sometimes I enjoy holding them under my arm or in the bottom of the cart… people expression can be so funny :grin:

3 Likes

I love that baby cart hammock! Where did you find that?

1 Like

@Leabelle just reminded me. I ended up selling one to a csshier once. She bought as a gift for her granddaughter.

It really is a good form of advertisement.

4 Likes

This is hilarious! I’ve had my dolls in the front seat before. Haven’t been pulled over and the cop see them this way though lol

2 Likes

I laughed out loud at this! My husband asked what is it and I told him, he thought it was funny too😄

1 Like

That’s kinda why I’m hesitant…I’d like a couple reactions but I’m a little nervous to explain it and people think I’m this crazy person or something. I guess we shouldn’t care what people think​:woman_shrugging:t3::grimacing: it’s hard to just not care though.

2 Likes

I love your babies, btw, they are so beautiful and so so real! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I guess we are so used to our dolls that we forget how shocked others will be to how we treat these very real looking dolls lol
I’ve thought about business cards, that is a good idea. I just haven’t gotten around to it but I think I will make a point to do it now!

3 Likes

I’ve only taken a few of my dolls to my son’s tae kwon do sessions, when he was still doing that. I knew most of the parents there and they thought my babies were really neat. Made one sale by doing that.

2 Likes

Omg that’s hilarious!! At least they spoke up :grin::grin::joy::joy:

1 Like