Disappointing order

That makes sense that they get the vinyl base from China but that they pour it themselves. They need to stop adding that awful orange colorant.

4 Likes

I actually don’t mind the color. I don’t feel the need to neutralize it as I paint deep anyway. I don’t like Bright orange though.

My order came in yesterday - Felicity kit, 10lbs of glass beads and a cloth body. Something along the line did a real number on the box. It had a huge hole that any number of the bead pouches - even the kit itself - could have fallen through. Everything was there, though, thank goodness. I think the weight of the beads and all the jostling around of the box probably created the tear.

This thread made me check my kit, since it might make sense it came from the same batch. (I don’t usually check a kit…it just goes into my kit storage bin.)

My kit didn’t have any spots or scratches. It’s a pale cream color and had the same hardness as my Callie kit. More firm head, limbs weren’t as firm. The smell was better (much less!) than the Callie kit…almost baby powderish with a small side of chemical.

@TrinityCrystal I think ours may have come from the same place…mine has that exact divet in the one flange. Also…you are welcome to my calendar if you’d like it. :blush: It’s odds of getting lost in my house are outstandingly high. Lol!

I would just contact BB, I think they would work it out for you. BB kits never seem to have issues, so I know they want the quality top notch.

2 Likes

Hey Jess, What numbers on the flanges of Callie and Felicity?

Oh jeez! I’m glad that nothing was lost and/or damaged from your order. It’s strange that even the flange divots are part of the mold, I wouldn’t have expected that to be the case. Then again, I know next to nothing about kit production.

If you’re serious about the calendar I’ll gladly take it off of your hands. I have a serious penchant for collecting cute newborn photography. My husband has bought me several Anne Geddes books over the years. Babies are so beautiful! :two_hearts:

2 Likes

They sure are.

2 Likes