Disappointing order

I ordered two kits, two 18-22 inch realborn full bellyplates, two cloth bodies, an ounce of the longer cable ties, 10 pounds of beads, earth mint genesis, and the 2 pound polyfil. The box they sent it in was about the size of a jumbo box of diapers.

Oh wow. Well the. Call them on Monday and ask them about a calendar. I’m sorry :disappointed:

1 Like

Thanks, I’m not too worried about it though. If it were something I had paid for and not received I would definitely call, but to complain about not receiving a free gift would be a bit unkind. I was just looking forward to seeing it because they’re always so darn cute!

1 Like

They may have run out of calendars, it happens.

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. They probably had a large number of orders to fill due to last minute use of the holiday discount code.

Definitely not from JoyDolls. I guess if @bbsupport gets enough complaints they will get it sorted out!

3 Likes

I wasn’t thinking for you to complain just ask to see if they might be getting more in. I’m not meaning to be unkind :heart:

Wondering if BB has decided to use this other company with its harder vinyl to try to make up for the lack of kits coming out China due to COVID. Hopefully if that is the case, this is only temporary and they will go back exclusively to JD.

2 Likes

I didn’t interpret it as you being unkind. I may call and ask if they are getting more in though. I love the calendars they produce. High quality and oh so precious!

Seriously they are great. If you don’t get one and I get an extra I’ll be happy to send it to you. Be nice to have.

1 Like

Nevin at one point on his FB business post said something about having production in more than one spot so if there was a problem, a business wouldn’t be totally shut down. Chinese NY is coming up in February and the factory shuts down for that too…

3 Likes

So it does make sense. I wish that Germany would stop producing that hard orange vinyl.

3 Likes

Yes, they already mentioned that.(the other company is the Kinby kit producer and they are trying to find the closest math to the vinyl still.)

3 Likes

That’s very sweet of you. Hopefully I can get them to send me one if they have any left. I may even make another small order so that I’m paying at least something for it toward the shipping if nothing else.

1 Like

I also want to mention…
(not related to BB at all)
My Margot kit has a darker black dot on her leg and I never even considered sending it back, and it was over $100.

2 Likes

The funny thing is that Germany gets its vinyl from China! (At least they used to).

1 Like

On mine, if it were just the couple of black dots on the hand, I wouldn’t have mentioned it at all. However, the one on the face is fairly large, but my biggest concern was the gouges in the vinyl on the head.

1 Like

Yours sounds like it was put into the wrong bin at the quality control stage, to be honest. I hope they’re able to send you a replacement soon.

4 Likes

They do?? I thought they made it themselves because I read once that Germany goes on a countrywide break every August, which is why sometimes in the past kits that were on pre-order from Germany were delayed. Maybe they were referring to China going on vacation, then? If they do now get their vinyl from China, they need to tell them to stop making kits out of hard orange vinyl and start using the nice neutral soft type.

1 Like

I messaged my source about it and she had spoken to the factory in Germany and they told her that they get their base vinyl from China. Apparently the German factory then adds coloring to it and pours. Perhaps they pour the vinyl thicker in the head than the rest of the body. The flanges are added by the factory and not by the sculptor.

1 Like