Disappointing order

I just bought the Felicity awake kit that was the KOTD, and I’m so disappointed! I messaged BB so I’ll see what they think, but the kit, which is a firsts kit, has a black mark on the cheek and several on a limb that are buried in the vinyl, and the head has numerous cuts /gouges. I would expect this on a seconds kit, so I’m really disappointed. Had anyone else bought this kit? Was it flawed?

2 Likes

I’m sorry…maybe it’s my monitor…but even when I blow up the photos I am not seeing anything??

I will look on my phone…different monitors …may make the difference!!

2 Likes

I see it. It’s more like a second kit to me. At the same time, for the price, I would just work with it as it’s so difficult to get kits those days.

3 Likes

I see it on the cheek and arm. See if Winsor and Newton and a toothpick will at least lighten them. They don’t look really dark and may not be visible under multiple layers of paint.

2 Likes

Yep…switched to my phone and I can see it!!!

1 Like

I tried… They won’t budge. It’s buried in the vinyl.

Probably those little metal flakes

1 Like

I realize I got the kit for half price, however, lots of people paid full price, and it was being sold as a firsts kit, and I just wondered if I got a bad one or if they are all this way? The back of the head pics might not show up that well, but there are deep gouges in the vinyl - almost as if it was scarred when the vinyl was still warm? I’ve had other kids with these same black flecks, and I don’t care how many layers of paint you put, they never go away. Therefor, I cannot sell this kit unless I disclose it.

Surely BB will accept a return.

3 Likes

That coming from BB is shocking. The worst I’ve gotten from them as far as firsts go is a kit with one black dot, then there were a couple of times kits were so oily with a strong chemical smell that I had to soak them for days. As far as appearance goes, they were in perfect condition. I’d shoot them a message and let them know. This was probably just an oversight.

2 Likes

Yes I messaged them straight away! I’m certain they’ll make it right.

4 Likes

Ugh getting her today… Will post later.

2 Likes

Definitely let me know if you’rs is OK!

My order is out for delivery today, so I’ll let you know. But you’ve got me worried :frowning:

3 Likes

Sounds like it should have been a seconds kit but accidentally got placed into the firsts bin, or someone took it out of the seconds bin and accidentally put it back in the firsts.

2 Likes

That came out of dirty molds. I would see that they give you options on returning for money back.

1 Like

I intend to!

Oh no, mine is coming today too :flushed:

2 Likes

Ordered when she was KOTD last and have not received yet.

2 Likes

I got her. Two kits. The vinyl I don’t like. I didn’t get a chance to wash them or fine tooth them but I did see black spots on one of the heads. As I said I haven’t had a chance to look in detail. The vinyl is terrible. So hard 🥲

I did get the cute calendar tho!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes