Disappointing Kovu

Am I the only one who is disappointed by Kovu ?
Finally received it (after almost 3weeks) and the limbs are off. Hands and feet are too small, shoulders and thighs are too big, back of the head is strange, bellyplate is so small it certainly won’t fit the body.

The only positive is the cute face.

Not sure what I will do with it, I have lost my inspiration.

3 Likes

The shoulders seem a little big, but the rest of him looks fine to me. More than likely he’ll be dressed which would cover the shoulders. Try stuffing the body to see how the belly plate actually fits. If you really don’t want to reborn him, I’m sure somebody would buy him. Or you could return him.

4 Likes

Hard to see in picture but hands and feet are way too small. That may be the reason for the rest to seem bigger. The limbs rings don’t even fit the plate. They barely fit in the body…

3 Likes

The belly plate Doesn’t fit quite right but I think the rest is okay. His face is adorable!

1 Like

Oof that belly plate!

4 Likes

He’s got a really cute face though doesn’t he? Maybe sell the belly plate? I can’t tell about the hands and feet.

3 Likes

What in the world is up with that belly plate it’s so small! Can’t believe that is the one he came with! And it does look like big shoulders

5 Likes

The belly plate is way too small.

3 Likes

If you decide to sell the belly plate I will buy it:)

2 Likes

Sell the kit and get one you want. :0)

5 Likes

Is that the cloth body that came with it?

3 Likes

I thought in the prototype pictures the belly button was sculpted way too high. That’s why I didn’t end up buying him. But now I see why it looked out of place

5 Likes

He has such a cute face. It’s a shame the rest of him is disproportioned. Although I like supporting new sculptors, it is often a risk, as they may still be lacking on certain features and details.

4 Likes

I had to go and check my Kovu after reading this. My belly plate is way small too and hadn’t noticed! Oh well, he is still cute anyway!

3 Likes

I think his face is really well done and cute. But hands and feet are a turn off for me. I know it doesn’t show on pics, but believe me, they are tiny.

As for the bellyplate, i will use it for another kit, so it’s not too bad.

I will not sell the kit as I don’t want to lose money, I am in Canada so shipping is high and I can’t offer it free like MacPherson… Unless someone is willing to pay it, I think it’s around 12- 15$ usd.

Well I guess I just wanted to know if I am too picky !:grin:

2 Likes

I heard this was the artists first sculpt. But this would be a good example for other kit sellers to have pictures of blank kits because I don’t think I would have bought him if I knew what his arms looked like and how big his shoulders were

4 Likes

He kind of has linebacker’s shoulders. Belly button looks too high/short belly plate. His face is cute.

1 Like

He’s limited to only 800. So put him away and hope you can sell the blank kit later. Or paint him, sell him, and move on. All the proportions look fine to me except that wonky belly plate. What the heck?! It’s too small, the belly button is too high, and the belly button is way too big! That cord should be a lot skinnier. It shouldn’t dominate the whole belly. :scream:
Here he is next to real life Maven

8 Likes

My coworker walked by my computer and she goes “that baby doesn’t look anything like that one” and I’m like the one on the right is real. :rofl:

6 Likes

I loved this baby when he was being talked about, then heard how tiny he is and how off the plate looks. Some say once he’s put together and painted he looks more “right” but I haven’t seen many of him. I love his face just wish he was a bit bigger.
His face is amazing tho so for a first sculpt, with more practice I’m sure shell have some amazing sculpts in the upcoming years!

3 Likes