Did anybody get Max today?

I got my Max today and boy is he a wee one! I don’t quite understand how he goes together. Do his joints just pop in and rotate? Anybody who understands how he goes together, please illucidate!

7 Likes

Mine hasn’t come yet :weary:. He should be here tomorrow.

1 Like

Mine will be here tomorrow also, but I’m guessing that’s the assembly based on Blinkin and Nod. @Jacky, how did you assemble your little Max?

Following

I just noticed there’s another post on this already. Oops!

2 Likes

Couldn’t it be made easier by heating the limbs up? That way they’re nice and squishy :yum:

2 Likes

Helen—didn’t you ever take apart one of your babies when you were a little kid??? They just come apart and go back together again, you might have to work it a little bit but’s it’s not a big deal. You can do this lady!!

5 Likes

I bought a few too. One was already reserved and I got one to experiment with cutting the body into plates and putting the limbs on a cloth body…then a back up kit just in case I jack him up too badly lol
He’s so tiny that all of the kits fit in one plastic shoebox storage container. He’s seriously one of the cutest kits I’ve purchased so far. Love him

5 Likes

@wispywillowrebo put hers together today to show us pics :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Still waiting for mine. It’s torture LOL

@Sony72 :laughing:

I can see the appeal of Max but after seeing the blank kit I think I like the protos more than the kit itself if that makes sense lol. I like his sister Rosebud better. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Lololololololol I ADORE YOU @Sony72

3 Likes

I like Max’s prots better too. And frankly, I’m not sure why he has to be so anatomically correct. If you showed him without a diaper, his joints would look wierd. I love his face. I wish he was just on a cloth body, And I would put him on one if it wasn’t for the fact that his legs are side jointed, and his head has no real way to attach the flange.

4 Likes

Waiting for the mailman as we speak!

I have to wait for dolly $$$$ to order him :cry:

2 Likes

I understand that----then why should they be forcing us to make our school children share bathrooms and showers???

I think it’s kind of nice that we get to have some little boy babies, we have so many little girls!! I love them both!! I understand that girls are cuter to dress but there is something so endearing about the little boys!!! I think Max is adorable even if he does have “parts”!!

5 Likes

I forgot to include this in my post above—maybe had I done that it would have made more sense. sorry.

1 Like

Helen, couldn’t you use some PVC pipe as a neck adaptor?

Weird question, but what’s the diameter of his neck opening?

That’s a possibility, izzy. I’ll think about doing something like that…

On the other hand, I knew he was anatomically correct when I ordered him so I should just be still and make the darn doll as is.

3 Likes

Lol parts don’t bother me too much. I’ve sculpted a few full body babies by now so I’m used to it I guess. :joy:

1 Like