Delilah

So everyone is painting Delilah, right? Which means the market will quickly be flooded and I’ll soon be so tired of seeing her face that I wouldn’t feel like painting her even if I bought a kit, right? So I probably shouldn’t buy that kit even if I’m really tempted…right?

8 Likes

You can always keep her in your stack until she became forgotten then paint her…but can be bored of this sweetie ?

6 Likes

Hmmm. That’s a really good point. My stash is getting low :thinking:

3 Likes

Honestly I feel like it takes a bit of time for them to get popular! I think once they get out there it takes a bit for collectors to start noticing them. But I could be wrong! I ended up getting her because I have never bought a Nikki Johnston sculpt before and I want to try one.
If you can afford one id say go for it because she is really cute especially the profile !

6 Likes

I bought her. I think she will be popular. I also think her kit will be popular once sold out. So reselling the kit later is a possibility also

8 Likes

I often keep sold out kits in my stash for several years. I did this with Leelou Brace. By the time I painted her, she sold to a woman who missed out on her when she was popular. She was thrilled with her and still has her today.

6 Likes

Is she supposed to be a limited edition?

2 Likes

I believe so… I will go look and see if I can find that info anywhere… but with invoices going out recently I think she is close to being released then we should know for sure

1 Like

Looks like around 4000 if I read that right.

14 Likes

Oh, my! That is a HUGE limited edition! :open_mouth:

5 Likes

I got one! I’ll probably keep her in my stash like trouble and Ramsey for a while :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, not everyone is painting Delilah as I didn’t even received a shipping notification :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think it’s opposite. True collectors know what released and when, and anticipate to buy it right away. For example, first Huxleys were sold close to $2,000.00 - and that was the reason - they want to be first to brug on SM ‘Look, I have her!’

5 Likes

She hasn’t shipped yet has she? I ordered one and paid her off early last month In anticipation of her shipping in February. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Yes you definitely have a point there!!

4 Likes

She’s cute and I liked her at first but I see exactly how popular she is and it kind of turned me away :grimacing:. Everyone wants her and that can either make you love it more or start disliking it.

Don’t hate me y’all :rofl:

4 Likes

I haven’t received an invoice yet from Irresistibles. Where did you order preorder from??

1 Like

When I hear this sculpt mentioned, the face doesn’t come to mind, it’s those incredible looking hands. I want to say that might help make her popular… The face may not be memorable yet, but those hands are absolutely spectacular.

5 Likes

I ordered from Mac’s and haven’t received an invoice yet either.

3 Likes

@EmOh, here she is. I’ve been staring at her for weeks.

@PhotographyForLife and @lynn , I did get my pre-order invoice from MacPherson‘s about a week ago. I believe that said the estimated shipping date was at the end of March. But I did order her on the first preorder date.

@jlesser! Always got the facts!! I love it :heart_eyes: Thank you.

11 Likes