Courtney paint problem

I’m working on Courtney right now and I’m doing some blushing since it come off as soon as I put on the first layer, should’ve been the first sign that something was wrong but now she’s got big blank spots on her cheeks!

1 Like

Genesis or air dry? Did you seal before you started painting?

I use genesis and I dont varnish before I paint. I’ve never varnished before I paint unless it needs it and I’ve never had any problems with it. I also tested the same paint on my blank skya and it was normal so I’m pretty sure it’s her vinyl

It probably is. Sealing can help.

Brush a bit of matte varnish on a sponge (smoothly and evenly) and bake. The paint will then adhere to the vinyl. What you do on one side, do on the other so there is symmetry.

2 Likes

I recently did have this problem. I ended up having to trash the limbs, hanging onto the head for a cuddle baby. It is so frustrating to see all of your hard work go down the drain.

Here is the first time it ever happened.

1 Like

I’ve had the exact same issue in the last year with several BB kits. It ended up being factory paint that was not visible to me. Sometimes a carnitas layer worked, sometimes it did not. It seems hit or miss. You should search factory paint, there have been several threads on the last year that detail what everyone tried, things that worked or didn’t work, just to give you more info if that’s the problem :slight_smile:

2 Likes