Clarified ROSE swap!

Ok, that other new swap thread has become way too many kinds of confusing so I thought I’d clear it up here.

THIS SWAP WILL NOT BE STARTED FOR ANOTHER MONTH, but will end right when ROSE starts. This post is just to clarify what the ROSE swap will be like.

It will be nearly the same as the Easter swap (still BALD babies only) so if you would like to find that topic and read the rules (it’s the first post) you’re welcome to do so. :slight_smile:

There will be a few differences between the ROSE swap and the Easter swap though!! So read below carefully. :wink:

-Instead of picking 5 kits, you will be picking AT LEAST 3 (can be more) kits that you would like to receive and ranking them from most to least favorite. I think this is a happy medium for those that like a complete surprise and those that have their heart set on one kit.

-Instead of having a regular and realborn swap, I’m going to have BUDGET and REGULAR categories. The BUDGET category will be for BB only kits that are $30 and under and the REGULAR category will be for ANY BB kits

-I’ll be adding some rules on user activeness and closer photos as well

-as it’s a ROSE swap if you and your partner are both going to ROSE you can choose if you want to meet up at the show and exchange babies there or ship. If you’re not going ship like usual.

-ANYONE can join, regardless of skill level or if you’re going to ROSE or not.

Other than that, the Easter swap rules, checkpoints etc. are the same!

20 Likes

Easter rules for anyone who wants to read them:

5 Likes

THANK YOU @izzy, for being on top of things! :thumbsup:

6 Likes

Oh yay! I didn’t know there was going to be another swap.

5 Likes

No problem, Karen! I got you! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Kate I’m going to try to make swaps a seasonal thing…so a Christmas, an Easter, a ROSE and maybe a Halloween swap next. I’ll keep it going as long as I can lol. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Yeah I can’t wait just wish I was able to be at Rose with you all. I want to meet everyone, but maybe next time everyone here is so awesome. Thank you Izzy!

6 Likes

I think seasonal swaps are a great idea! That way, if someone wants to join in but can’t for whatever reason, there’ll be another one coming up and hopefully they can participate in the next one. AND…this gives us enough time to recover from one before jumping right into another one! LOL…yeah…like I need time to recover. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

That would be really fun! I’m so excited!

4 Likes

I think the seasonal swaps are a great idea Izzy!! That way people know when they will be coming up and get somewhat prepared in advance. You go girl!!

5 Likes

Love it! Thanks Izzy!!! What wonderful ways to share our work with each other.

5 Likes

I’m so excited! Thanks for making this post

3 Likes

Oh man I love your work!!! Would love for you to join!!!

4 Likes

I’m so excited already!!! When do we hand in our choices! ?:heart:️:heart_eyes:

5 Likes

For the active user thing I’m just going to require that you’ve been joining in on conversations (not just selling posts) for at least a month prior to sign ups…you don’t have to be on everyday but just posting here and there when you have time and getting to know everyone. We’ve had issues with non-active members before (so nothing against you personally), and lots of ladies have requested this rule which is why I added it. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Izzy and members…
I feel I need to express how I feel after seeing the Easter swap. I am almost at a loss for words. I have been a member of the forum since around 2006 or so, maybe earlier. I was very active and involved. I organized a monthly Round Robin. Then things happened…bad attitudes, people who wanted something for nothing, etc. I was one of those who got the raw end of a swap. Like the great women here, someone came forward and made me a beautiful reborn in place of the one I received. Since that time, I have backed away a bit. I am here several times a day trading all the wonderful conversations taking place. I have been following the Easter swap and must say that I am very impressed. Izzy has done a phenomenal job in organizing and keeping everything moving along. There is so much heart in this swap, I’m almost jealous. I don’t always have the time to respond but I’m here. You have moved me to enter back in to something I have missed for a long time. I hope to be present more often and not just lurking around. I hope to get to know everyone as much as you have gotten to know one another.

21 Likes

That is soooooo awesome @kimomax!! As @pia knows( and why she loves me so much😉) I love reading and bumping old posts!! And I always see you and all of your wonderful input! So glad you want to come back !!!

8 Likes

We really do have a wonderful group of ladies! And a strong sisterhood/ family here​:heart:️ I don’t know what I would do without my ladies!!! :heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️

12 Likes

Pia and I go way back. :smiley: You certainly are a “rock” to this group.

6 Likes

Thank you! It’s my favorite place ! :kiss: I really am so happy to see you!!!

2 Likes

Thank you, Nikki.

2 Likes