Chinese knockoffs are getting brazen!

This bums me out! I was browsing ebay as I sometimes do and can’t believe they are now using real sculpt names to sell their stolen sculpts! Romilly makes me especially sad, one is my favorite sculpts :frowning:

And what is up with them making their stolen silicones look like they have boob jobs? Is anyone else severely creeped out by this???

1 Like

Sad seeing knock off kits

1 Like

How awful. I hate that they are using the kits and their names now too… Although maybe that will make people realize they are knock offs? I saw one that even said Levi by Bonnie Brown :flushed: It’s crazy! I think this is the first Cassie brace one I’ve seen copied. I feel awful for the sculptors that put so much work into these beautiful babes

3 Likes

There was an ARTIST a week or two ago advertising a doll as ‘Rosalie by Olga Auer’ and flat out said in the description that it was a ‘re-cast’.

Imagine using a sculptors name to advertise a product you stole from them

3 Likes

Ugh I’ve seen a couple of those listings! I mean my gosh to buy a knock off kit knowingly and then sell it using the artists name… they know what they’re doing. It’s not like they were unaware it’s a copy. I’ve seen Levi listings that say it is a copy and I shouldn’t be surprised but I am that people in this art are buying these copies knowing its a fake :confused:

That will only make people more confused. They will buy it thinking it’s the real thing. It does have the legit name, the sculptor name and even a COA, right ? All the things we said the newbies to check after ? So beside the price, how will they know ?
I remember myself when I started, so much infos out there ! I have learned through years, but it was already confusing (5 years ago, there already was fake).

@Helenabeereborns that’s terrible and no excuses for that crap.

Sad seeing them. Worse that they use the real kit name. And even worse that they tend to show up really high in the google images searches. :cry:

3 Likes

Yes, I’ve seen them advertized with the COA, but it’s blurred out in the picture they post. Are they photocopying the COA 's? Filling in the #s? Would they have the artist signature on the kit too?

2 Likes

This is crazy, I can’t understand how this stuff is allowed.

I have heard some of the illegal kits do come with the sculptor name on it and a coa just like the legit kits…

HOW? I dont know.

2 Likes

That’s what I’ve heard. Some of the newer knock offs look exactly the same as the original. That’s scary.

3 Likes

I heard they are using 3D scans kind of like Realborns so they don’t have the shrinkage like before when molding. It makes me so sad.

3 Likes

Ugh it aggravates me when I see people selling them on marketplace too.

I avoid every selling platform other than legit dealers or artists I know.

3 Likes

They’ve been doing that for a while now. Artists name and kit name included. It’s disgusting.

I’ve seen someone sell reborns saying. “this is a Chinese remake kit, but it’s still so cute!”. As if there’s no problem with that. It’s not cute, it’s a horrible thing and the ‘artist’ should feel ashamed.

3 Likes

What a shame.

1 Like

Yes, I have always been creeped out by the vinyl body plates and others that have boobs WAAAYYYY too large for a baby. I have mentioned that many times to my my husband. This is just wrong and yes, it is creepy.

2 Likes

Asshats and what does “hand drawing” even mean?

2 Likes

I assume it’s a translation error and they mean hand painted.

1 Like

It’s a terrible shame that they are now doing this :angry:

1 Like