Chinese knockoffs are getting brazen!

I see so many knock offs on Amazon too. I recently saw a fake Maggi which was a first for me. I also see tons of “kits” on Amazon like Pilar, Saskia, Mila, April, Adele, Maddie, Raven etc. :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:

Someone on Instagram pointed out that a “seller” on Etsy is selling full body silicone Saskia’s :nauseated_face:
(Don’t remember the Seller name but I should be able to go back and find it)

It’s getting out of hand :sob:

2 Likes

They have even started using certificates for the kits also. Dont they have no shame?

In our eyes, creating knock off kits is a despicable and criminal act. It makes us angry and sad to see people profiting from other peoples hard work.

China is a communist country. They believe that people are all equal, and are entitled to share in whatever is popular. They seriously don’t understand the concept of uniqueness and cannot comprend the desire for the rarity of a SOLE kit. Their culture sees this a selfish injustice, so they actually believe that they are doing humanity a service by providing an abundance of something that is hard to come by in the Western World, at low cost. They see this as a caring and sharing business.

Artists in China are trying to change this way of thinking, but you can imagine their uphill struggle! You’ll now often see signs in stores that sell hand crafted items and artworks saying, “Please don’t take photos. Reproduction of my intellectual property is theft.”

Granted, there are some who are criminally bent, but many stumbled into their style of reborning as an excellent way of making a living and providing employment for others.

Having explained all this though, doesn’t change my feelings on the subject!

I currently live in Hong Kong. I paint kits, but haven’t assembled or sold anything in months, and won’t until I return to Australia. I can’t stand the thought of potentially being responsible for a reborn kit landing in the hands of a copyright pirate!

10 Likes