Big girl June

I usually find dolls that look like little kids unsettling. I love mannequins, most especially vintage but not kid sized ones. It is a weirdness of mine.

That being said, 3 year old June is on sale and I kinda feel like I want to push myself and paint a kit I wouldn’t ever consider, I love a challenge.

I can’t even imagine rooting that head.

Anyone get this one yet? Can you get that leg part in the Nuwave? Not being able to fit a part in the oven is a deal breaker, I use GHSP and using the heat gun to cure would take forever and it is already too hot in my studio.

I kinda want to make a mystical-mythical being…more weirdness

6 Likes

I love some of the older looking kits but it’s the rooting that puts me off attempting one and I’m not keen on wigs

4 Likes

The biggest doll I have painted is Emmy. I use air dry paints. Emmy’s head was the biggest head I have rooted. I do not care for wigs. I thought about getting 3 year old June. I would root her head but it would be a huge task to take on. The armature looks like it could be a challenge but it may not be as bad as I think it would be.

2 Likes

Oh, please buy her! I can’t wait to see what you do!

4 Likes

I put her limbs in the nuwave last night to see how n if they would fit. I would definitely use 2 rings for her head. The legs n arms are ok with one ring. I will put a bigger towel in the oven when I do her.

19 Likes

Oooooh thank you for that visual!!!

1 Like

Do it! Would love to see your creativity! Just strip the seconds before you start painting if you haven’t experienced any of the newer kits from the new factory and thier paint cover up issues yet :wink:

2 Likes

@Gabriell I agree with the others you should paint her. I know she will be awesome!

1 Like

I considered taking my chances on a seconds kit since she is on sale. But the body is sold out. So I don’t see any point now. I hate that she’s from the new factory. I was so excited about this kit. Then I got a paint covered grumpy Sage with flimsy limbs and decided June was too expensive to risk. But for $44 I would risk it…if there was a bosh for her.

2 Likes

You welcome

1 Like

Thank you so much for taking the time to photograph her! This is perfection! You are awesome, so glad she fits. Are you going to root that giant head?

3 Likes

I just noticed the body is out of stock, grrrrr… I went over to mcphersons but they don’t have a body to fit. Dog darn it. If I had better sewing skills I would make one. What a tease BB! I wonder how long before they get them back?

1 Like

If you wait for the body, the kit may be out of stock.

4 Likes

I wonder why they didn’t order the same number of bodies as kits, especially since this body is unique.

5 Likes

Just think of rooting Emmy or June as doing 2 or 3 newborns so it won’t seem so intimidating.

4 Likes

True. I think you can make your own armature don’t you? I have seen materials to make armatures.

1 Like

You are welcome. I’m not good at painted hair. So, yes, I’ll have to root her big head. I will take my time tho. So it will probably take a month or so to complete.

2 Likes

Yes. crscrafts.com sells them ready made and they also sell it by the foot with separate connectors. They’re reasonably priced.

2 Likes

This is great. When I selected the link, I remembered I have been to this website in the past.

1 Like

A custom body made by @RoseannsBoutique maybe??? I’d love to see your version!

2 Likes