Best place to sell silicone?

Where is the best place to sell silicone babies? I purchased a beautiful partial back in March as a birthday gift to myself and have decided I just prefer dragonskin. I don’t trust e-bay. No interest on the FB groups I am in. I would be willing to trade for a dragonskin or high end reborn that I love but trading is so risky. What’s a girl to do?

I see them selling on reborns.

2 Likes

Reborns.com and the facebook silicone groups.

3 Likes

Another question: How do I determine selling price? I paid $800 (on clearance) for her in March. She is in the same condition as when I got her.

1 Like

I would start out asking what you paid then. You can always go down if you have to but if you got her on a sale and have not had her long she should go for that. What sculpt is it?

She is Sarah by Birget Gutzwiller

1 Like

Coming back also to say that I find that even though I list my babies on reborns.com I have to still do a lot of my own advertising. I use that site more as a place to have the babies with an easy click to buy spot. Then I list them on my FB page and my website with a link to the the doll in my nursery on reborns. This also works well for when my membership expires and they are not being seen on the front page, I still have them showing on my end other places and someone can still go to the link there and make a purchase. I also figure out a general flat rate shipping fee to charge and that saves me time on having to send out shipping quotes to everyone. Or I just list it with free shipping and factor that into my overall pricing.

1 Like

3 Likes

http://204.8.7.71/LibraryDisplayDolls.asp?id=851

Yes. That’s her. I adored her for months and was finally able to adopt her. Sadly I just don’t love her.

I think with her having rooted hair if she is well done she is worth what you paid for her. I sold a bald Mireya for $1300 when she first came out but sculpt sales vary by demand, buyers and the artists following. I would start out with her listed as a $2200 baby that you are selling for $800 or whatever you decide.

Thank you Angie!

Awww, she is beautiful and I think you can get much more than $800 for a baby of her size and that beautifully painted.

2 Likes

Thank you Yelena

1 Like

I would try Etsy, if you haven’t already. I sell primarily on there now and sell rather quickly. I see a lot of silicone babies listed, most not as nicely painted as yours. I would definitely try listing for more than $800, that’s incredibly cheap for a painted, rooted silicone! I purchased a blank silicone to practice silicone painting on and it was $1000.

She is beautiful! What is dragon skin?

Dragon Skin is a different type of Silicone. I was wondering why Dragon Skin. Is it softer?

Dragon Skin is firmer. Not the super squishy stuff.

2 Likes

I like Eco Flex 20 but am willing to go a little softer. Not marshmallow soft though.

1 Like

I’m waiting on an ecoflex10 to arrive from Russia. The ecoflex 20 is rather stiff. It holds the limb bends almost the same as vinyl. I’ll put it this way, I wouldn’t put armatures in an ecoflex 20 baby. They are stiff enough for me to worry about the armatures poking through. I’ll let everyone know what eco10 feels like in contrast to eco20 and eco20 with slacker added.