BB how bout making some 1/4 vinyl limbs? UDATED WITH SOME PICS OF ADRIE'S NEW DESIGN!

Awe thankyou all. They were all budget type babies except the AA one. On that one I was experimenting with AA skin tones in Genesis and matching 2 color vinyls. She came out so well and to this day is one of my favorite AA babies I made. She went to a 9 yo little girl whose Mom bouht her and AD doll and said she was afraid of it. Got her mine and she loved it!

2 Likes

I wish they did. I love the idea of cuddle babies but if we had 1/4 limbs they would be soft and more realistic.

1 Like

You should make the bodies and sell them. I personally am not very good at sewing but I managed to make Halloween costumes and dresses for my kids. I would like the pattern…I don’t suppose you have one that you can email? Im in France.

I made a cuddle baby for a dementia patient and she loved the baby but was very concerned that she never woke up. I had made a sleeping doll and the lady thought the doll was a real baby. I was very sad when I went back to the convalescent hospital to visit the lady someone had stolen the doll.

2 Likes

LOL I have too much to do to make and sell bodies. I rarely even make my own any more.
Yep. I email it. Just PM me your addy.
This pattern is for 1/4 viny limbs.
If you want to extnd to add cloth feet and hands to it just lay the foot part of a pair of socks at the end of the limbs pattern and trace around them. For hands trace hand mitts and sew a little thumb into it or leave rounded… Leave a section from the elbow to the shoulder unsewn until you stuff and weight the body, then top stitch it either on your machine or by hand.

2 Likes

Yes, I was told to donate awake babies because they get upset if they don’t wake up.

I would love to have to have your body pattern for 1/4 limbs. I have a lot of berenguer babies with 1/4 limbs. My email address is jerrobstrick@comcast.net. Thank you! Robyn Strickland.

That is so sweet of you. I would love to have the pattern. My email is hassell71@hotmail.com

I have sent you all the patterns. I just ask that you do not sell the patterns. If you share them, do so freely just as it was given to you. The torso part I took from a pattern I bought over 13 years ago. The limbs all came from my own patterns I made because I wanted my limbs to be less fat and better proportioned for the body. Also, if you decide to make the 20-22" body, just size up the 18-19" limbs by 20%.

3 Likes

anjsmiles, I have a lot of Berenguer dolls that I purchased over 10 years ago when I first wanted to get into reborning. I had a new grand daughter come along about that time, so I did all my hobby making for her. :slight_smile: Plus, I kept her until she went to school. We had oh, so much fun! But anyway, where would we find the 1/4 limbs from the Berenguer babies?

2 Likes

I dunno, I have not been able to find any in a long time.
Secrist makes 1/4 limbs and Knoops did. Both are not as pretty as Berenguers though.

Well it looks like Adrie Stoete has realized there is a need for these. She posted this on her FB page. It is a body and some 1/4 limbs she has designed. Most people like it. A few who don’t get it say they don’t like them if they don’t have full limbs. But the majority all see what I do that this would be a great idea for cuddly babies. Her new body design appears not to be jointed but rather to have darts sewn in places that make the baby’s limbs pose so well! Here are some of her photos I have snarfed.

21 Likes

Very cool! I’ll definitely be on the lookout for these :smile:

1 Like

Thats awesome…I found a body on eBay, plus I have the pattern from you, but I haven’t been able to find any limbs. I did not like the cuddle bodies because there were no hands and feet, I think this is a far better idea and glad someone is making the limbs and bodies. I think this type cuddle baby idea will really take off…you should have patented it LOL

1 Like

Would you mind sending me the pattern? Cevans.austin@gmail.com
Thank you so much

That looks awesome! That babe looks so cuddly! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Did she post when these would be available?

The body of the cuddle baby Gemma I just reborned was made by Janie. I paid for her to preweight the limbs for me so I wouldn’t have to stuff or sew it. She weighted the hands and feet area with glass beads and the remainder of the limbs with polyfill.

1 Like

I haven’t seen her say yet.
The cuddle bodies are ok. I made one baby making my own body.
But the lack of hands and feet just makes them not as appealing to me.
With the 1/4 limbs you have more realism and younger kids and the elderly do not care so much if
there is cloth on the limbs showing.

1 Like

So I’m curious. How do you weight the 1/4 limbs? I have Lee Middleton dolls that are 1/4 limbs and they have those bags of poly pellets in their arms and legs. So do you weight the hands and feet with glass beads and then just fill the arm and leg parts on the bodies with Poly-Fil or do you weight the hands and feet with the glass beads and weight the cloth arm and leg parts with Poly-Fil and poly pellets?
Thanks,
Julie

1 Like