BB how bout making some 1/4 vinyl limbs? UDATED WITH SOME PICS OF ADRIE'S NEW DESIGN!

@bbsupport @EmilyBB

Since the cuddle babies seems to be making the rounds now, why not make some 1/4 vinyl limbs and lets go back to making 1/4 limbed babies for cuddling? I use to make LOTS of 1/4 limb berenguer doll reborns for nursing homes and kids. Now days it is very hard to find 1/4 limbs. IMO, if one is going to go to all the trouble of making a nice head, the baby should at least have some cute hands. Here are some pics of cuddle babies I have made in the past using Berenguer limbs and other heads. It really would not be hard for BB to make some 1/4 limbs I think and most all of us already have the body patterns from years ago to make the bodies.

And of course I did lots of 1/4 Berenguers back in the day…

19 Likes

I never even considered that possibility, but it’s a good idea! I imagine 1/4 limb babies are very cuddly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I completely agree. I used to have a doll with 1/4th limbs and it was the best on just holding and cuddling.

3 Likes

They cuddle much better than the cuddle bodies because you have the extra weight of the hands and feet.

5 Likes

I think it’s a great idea. I make quite a few dolls for nursing homes and these would probably go over much better just because of the cuddle factor.

2 Likes

I wonder how a cuddle baby with 1/4 hands would be. I usually cover up feet anyways, but hands are almost always exposed.
Would be nice to see some variation among the limbs.

1 Like

I have one baby with 1/4 arms and I really love how cuddly she is. I would definitely use 1/4 limbs for cuddle babies!

2 Likes

I love this idea. People like cuddly babies, but when I’m cuddling a baby I naturally want to hold his hands too. I think it would be super soothing for cuddle babies to have vinyl hands and feet to hold onto. I also agree the weighting is better with vinyl hands and feet.

2 Likes

Also, it would be great for them to make more heads to always have in stock. Seems like good business all did way around. BB could make mass heads quick and cheap. And we could turn out cuddle babies a lot faster than we can make whole babies. That would mean we could make and sell at a faster rate, meaning we would buy more at a faster rate too. :thinking:

3 Likes

I know I am the odd person, and the old person, too. :slight_smile: But, I have a doll I purchased at Big Lots some years ago that has a cloth body and 1/4 limbs. I have never had an inclination to make a reborn with only 1/4 limbs. I haven’t made cuddle babies, and that arguments seems to be very sound. I can see that. However, not all of us have made these dolls back in the day and we don’t have cuddle bodies. Is there a pattern for cuddle bodies? I am not negative on this matter, so please don’t take it that way. I think it is wonderful that companies like BB can make different kinds of kits to suit all reborners. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree with making 1/4 limb sets. In fact, I would like to see limb sets available in general, as well as torsos, separately. I hate having to buy them elsewhere or having to piece sets together from the seconds that are not always available.

2 Likes

I love cuddle babies with 1/4 hands and feet. They’re much more realistic, allow better clothing options and are still super cuddly. The 1/4 limbs are hard to find, though. I like the Berenguer ones the best but Secrist Dolls has some, too.

2 Likes

Dolls By Sandie and MacPherson’s both have ready made cuddle bodies.

2 Likes

I have a 1/4 limb body pattern I made by taking the best parts of patterns, altering them and coming up with my own pattern. I send it out free to whomever asks for it any time. To clarify, you need 1/4 vinyl limbs for this body.

3 Likes

This baby was made by me for an Alzheime’s and Dementia center using a 1/4 limb Berenguer. I had also donated 2 other dolls to them with 3/4 vinyl limbs. This one seemed to be one that they liked cuddling a lot.

Here is another cuddle baby I found in my files that I made using a BB head and 1/4 Berenguer limbs.

12 Likes

My daughter wanted to paint a kit along with me (she’s 17) we did several layers and after each one she asks me, are we done yet? Nope. Teenage lack of patience. I told her maybe she needs to do a cuddle baby. So I pulled out the cute cuddle body i bought from @RoseannsBoutique and explained their purpose. As I have yet to make one, I have a silly question-if an dementia patient pulls off
a scratch mitten would that upset them, if they don’t see hands or feet? Do they think they are real or know they are dolls? I’m guessing it’s dependent on their stage of disease. I’m wondering if a patient thinks the doll is real and then see no hands or feet-would that upset them? Thoughts?

2 Likes

I’ve wondered the same thing. Seems like it might be confusing when they realize it doesn’t have hands. I would like to know the answer to this question.

3 Likes

It depends on the severity and the individual. I’ve known them to think a teddy bear was their baby. You never can tell how they react until they do react. For the most part they are just happy to have something to love on.

4 Likes

Beautiful babies :heart_eyes:

They are beautiful